unknown oil

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1100R.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
yamilbermu
Basic User
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:12 pm

unknown oil

Post by yamilbermu »

I just bought a 2002 R1150 without an owner manual, on the left side where the exhaust is located, I removed a plastic cap that is located underneath the seat, and oil came out. I just don’t know if this is normal or what,, any help will be appreciated… thanks
omg1010
Basic User
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 2:11 am
Donating Member #: 0
Location: Germany

Re: unknown oil

Post by omg1010 »

Air filter reservoir? Excess oil goes to that chamber and you have seen the result. Never tamper with unknown plastic caps ... :mrgreen:

Buddy, go get yourself a proper manual so you know what is where ...

Brgds
Oliver
yamilbermu
Basic User
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: unknown oil

Post by yamilbermu »

I will Oliver, thanks...
Post Reply