Battery or Alternator?

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1100R.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
ICBMguy
Basic User
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 5:21 pm
Donating Member #: 1
Location: D.C. motorcycle suicide arena

Battery or Alternator?

Post by ICBMguy »

Had a bit of a scare at work today...After riding a good 45 minutes to work, I stopped the bike for about 15 minutes and then tried to re-start to go to another building. That's when (apparently) the battery died. Each time I tried to crank the engine over, it got weaker and weaker until nothing. I thought I was stuck. However, about 2 hours later, I tried again figuring it would be stone dead, but it started right up! :? So now, do I need a new battery or did my alternator fail to charge on my long drive in? Why did it start fine after a sit?
2000 R1100R Graphite & Ice Blue "Jasper"
Post Reply