Picking up a 90th Anniversary R1200R...

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

Lion_Lady
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Picking up a 90th Anniversary R1200R...

Post by Lion_Lady »

Even though I can't ride it home. I will be taking the bike for a short spin at the dealer before hubby gears up for the trip back to Lynchburg with it. I am so stoked!

I've already ordered a gas-cap mounted tank bag, and some 3M reflective sheets in yellow and gold to add some customized conspicuity "upgrades." I'll probably also go for a set of P3s for now. That's about all that's in the upgrade budget. The bike has a Ztechnik screen on it and the deal includes sidecases (no topcase), and the BMW "comfort" saddle as well.

Here are the other upgrades I'm planning to add:

Clearwater lights (Darla version)
Aux power socket on bars/dash
Stebel Nautilus Compact horn
Tank protectors - had Wunderlich tank pads on the Rockster and loved them. Durable and "grippy."
Thinking that I may replace the comfort seat with something a bit taller, but will ride it a while before deciding. Loved the Sargent I put on the Rockster.

(I'll likely slum the Clearwater upgrade for the immediate future. "Offroad" lights from AutoZone, were the first fork lights I put on the Rock. - it will take a while to save up the $600 ish for the Darla's.

What touring/visiblity upgrades have you added?

P
Evan
Basic User

Re: Picking up a 90th Anniversary R1200R...

Post by Evan »

May we have a look at this bike with the conversions here? :D