Issue with Schuberth SRC

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

Coyote Crazy
Triple Lifer
Donating Member #: 723

Issue with Schuberth SRC

Post by Coyote Crazy »

Anybody that owns the SRC collar having an issue with the quality of bike to bike intercom degrading with time?

I thought I saw a while back a thread where someone (Don E.?) had sent their SRC in more than once for a battery replacement. I tried search to locate the thread with no luck.

I purchased it July 2012 with my new C3 helmet and have been pleased with the performance up to now. The bike to bike intercom quality has degraded to the point we can not understand one another. This use to happen near the end of a long ride when the battery was near depleted. The last two times out it is occurring right from the start of the ride. Interesting enough all the other features seem to be working fine. The other rider is using a newer Scala Rider headset.

I am interested in knowing what your issue was, how good was their customer service and how long was the turn around time. I am getting ready for a long cross country ride and don't want it to end up stuck in service and repair before starting the ride.
Rick B. - Santa Clara River Valley, CA
Iron Butt Member 54010

2007 R1200R Crystal Gray
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Issue with Schuberth SRC

Post by deilenberger »

Rick,

Schubert's customer relations is the equal of Rider Warehouse's.. ie - superb. Contact them in California and I'm sure they'll authorize a replacement. My experience with their support (went through about 5 of the SRCs before I got one that consistently works) has been excellent. They finally seemed to have solved the problem of the battery-leads-too-short that plagued the XL-XXL size SRC (the primary cause of the problem I believe was Cardo.) I'll be in California later this month and am going to stop by to thank them in person.
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!
Coyote Crazy
Triple Lifer

Post by Coyote Crazy »

Don,
Thanks for your quick reply. I must say your "customer services" is excellent as well!!

I also have the XL-XXL version. I am assuming that you purchased yours through Rider Warehouse or are they the North American Service for the SRC? I purchased mine through my local BMW dealer (BMW Motorcycles of Ventura County, Newbury Park, CA) which has treated me extremely well with excellent customer service. I have not contacted them, perhaps that is where I should start?

Now I notice that I have taken mine off the wall charger (which it has been on for a week) and plugged it into the USB port on my computer and now it is steady charging and I can not get it to connect to check for any updates.
Iron Butt Member 54010

2007 R1200R Crystal Gray
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer

Post by deilenberger »

Coyote Crazy wrote:Don,
Thanks for your quick reply. I must say your "customer services" is excellent as well!!

I also have the XL-XXL version. I am assuming that you purchased yours through Rider Warehouse or are they the North American Service for the SRC? I purchased mine through my local BMW dealer (BMW Motorcycles of Ventura County, Newbury Park, CA) which has treated me extremely well with excellent customer service. I have not contacted them, perhaps that is where I should start?

Now I notice that I have taken mine off the wall charger (which it has been on for a week) and plugged it into the USB port on my computer and now it is steady charging and I can not get it to connect to check for any updates.
No mine came from a BMW dealer. My reference is using Rider Warehouse as a benchmark for customer service. I had a zipper fail - that had recently been replaced - on my Aerostich. I sent a note to Andy Goldfine (owner of RiderWarehouse), within a day I had a Fed-Ex overnight shipping tag in my email, paid by them. The Stich went into a box and off to them, it was back in my hands 4 days later. No charge, and an apology for the need to send it to them. THAT is customer service.

Schuberth USA is much the same. Chances are they will authorize an exchange with your local dealer for a new one. They did that for me several times, as well as shipping replacement units to me overnight. Damn fine service IMHO. Their stuff is pricey, but the support makes it worthwhile. I've been wearing their helmets for about 15 years now, and have never paid for a repair.

Call them and they'll take care of it. I see you are in California - they're right outside LA.. if they're close enough it's a good excuse for a ride.
Coyote Crazy
Triple Lifer

Post by Coyote Crazy »

deilenberger wrote:Schuberth USA is much the same. Chances are they will authorize an exchange with your local dealer for a new one. They did that for me several times, as well as shipping replacement units to me overnight. Damn fine service IMHO. Their stuff is pricey, but the support makes it worthwhile. I've been wearing their helmets for about 15 years now, and have never paid for a repair.

Call them and they'll take care of it. I see you are in California - they're right outside LA.. if they're close enough it's a good excuse for a ride.
I sent their customer service a late night email and they answered me early the next morning! They followed up with a phone call and walked me through a number of steps to correct the problem on my end. Their service is outstanding!

Thanks for the info. I will let you know how it all turns out.
Iron Butt Member 54010

2007 R1200R Crystal Gray
Coyote Crazy
Triple Lifer

Post by Coyote Crazy »

Issue solved. What the tech had me do was clear all the paired items in the SRC and then do a re-pairing the bike to bike intercoms. That did the trick. It had been about a year ago since we first paired the two intercoms. Went for a ride Sunday with two friends with Scala rider systems and all worked well.
Thanks for your help Don.
Iron Butt Member 54010

2007 R1200R Crystal Gray
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer

Post by deilenberger »

Rick,

They are a first class company to deal with.