Parabellum Scout Windshield Mod

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

MTBeemer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1043

Parabellum Scout Windshield Mod

Post by MTBeemer »

Too much free time on my hands combined with being frustrated by having a part of the wind screen on my Scout that I could never get clean led to the following:

Fine detail work is not my strong suit, but this came out reasonably well. Used truck bed liner on the inside of the screen and pin striping tape to hide the rough edge. By the way, the Fukengruvers is a motorcycle gang that is just like the Hells Angels... only on Geritol.
Kevin Huddy
Intrepid Incompetent
Canyon Creek, MT
Team Pterodactyl Montana Outpost
El Paso
Basic User

Re: Parabellum Scout Windshield Mod

Post by El Paso »

Looks great... and you're right about the un-cleanable portion of the screen! I've gotten the same effect by spray painting the inside of a screen on a previous bike. What did you use for the edging for the plexiglass?
Newportcycle
Basic User

Post by Newportcycle »

Very nice, I was wondering how I was going to clean that same part of my own screen.
MTBeemer
Lifer

Post by MTBeemer »

El Paso wrote:Looks great... and you're right about the un-cleanable portion of the screen! I've gotten the same effect by spray painting the inside of a screen on a previous bike. What did you use for the edging for the plexiglass?
That is Saeng Micro-Swirl Edging. http://www.saeng.com/dproduct.php?id=714&category=77
Kevin Huddy
Intrepid Incompetent
Canyon Creek, MT
peels
Basic User

Post by peels »

MTBeemer wrote:
El Paso wrote:Looks great... and you're right about the un-cleanable portion of the screen! I've gotten the same effect by spray painting the inside of a screen on a previous bike. What did you use for the edging for the plexiglass?
That is Saeng Micro-Swirl Edging. http://www.saeng.com/dproduct.php?id=714&category=77

quasi off topic...

ive often wondered what that edging is! Curious...did you find a difference with/without after that install?

The link says it deals with helmet shake. I have a bit of turbulence with just the sport screen. doesnt really shake the helmet ALOT, but it DOES wiggle my visor slightly.

Im really against huge windscreens, Ive tried that and it sucked, thinking of tryin this. worth a shot?

thanks! and LOVE your biker gang NAME! The name suggests you ride into town menacingly on your kraut bikes, then deliver tasty German delicacies....L-O-L again, nice work.
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.
MTBeemer
Lifer

Post by MTBeemer »

peels wrote: quasi off topic...

ive often wondered what that edging is! Curious...did you find a difference with/without after that install?

The link says it deals with helmet shake. I have a bit of turbulence with just the sport screen. doesnt really shake the helmet ALOT, but it DOES wiggle my visor slightly.

Im really against huge windscreens, Ive tried that and it sucked, thinking of tryin this. worth a shot?

thanks! and LOVE your biker gang NAME! The name suggests you ride into town menacingly on your kraut bikes, then deliver tasty German delicacies....L-O-L again, nice work.
Like most advertising, the claims made by Saeng for the performance of the Micro-Swirl are loaded with hyperbole. I think it makes a difference when added to a windshield that is equivilent to adding an inch or two to the height or width of the screen. I tried an experiment by holding my hand behind my screen and trying to find the edge of the still air. I did this with the Micro-Swirl installed and then pulled it off and checked again. This highly scientific experiment executed by a totally unbiased researcher resulted in my earlier statement about the effectiveness of the stuff.
Kevin Huddy
Intrepid Incompetent
Canyon Creek, MT
peels
Basic User

Post by peels »

MTBeemer wrote:
peels wrote: quasi off topic...

Like most advertising, the claims made by Saeng for the performance of the Micro-Swirl are loaded with hyperbole. I think it makes a difference when added to a windshield that is equivilent to adding an inch or two to the height or width of the screen. I tried an experiment by holding my hand behind my screen and trying to find the edge of the still air. I did this with the Micro-Swirl installed and then pulled it off and checked again. This highly scientific experiment executed by a totally unbiased researcher resulted in my earlier statement about the effectiveness of the stuff.
big words like hyperbole, and highly scientific experiments...I cannot argue with that.

hee hee thanks.
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.