BMW System Cases

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

two wheel gal
Basic User

BMW System Cases

Post by two wheel gal »

Help,

I have a 2004 Rockster (green) and am wanting to add BMW System Cases. Can anyone confirm that the cases for a regular R1150R will fit the Rockster. Someone on the forum has a set to sell & I would like to buy them for my Rockster.

Thanks

Diane
Diane
2004 BMW Rockster (Green)
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100 (Green)
grwrockster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Re: BMW System Cases

Post by grwrockster »

Can anyone confirm that the cases for a regular R1150R will fit the Rockster
Yup, they'll fit. I have the same bike, same year, same colour as your bike and bought a used set of cases as well. Mine actually has cases (and a Remus end can & Y-piece) that I believe initially came off an R1150GS.

The 'R', Rockster and 'GS' all have a high-level exhaust, so the left-hand case has a cut-out to clear the silencer & has less capacity than the right-hand one - cases from any of these models will fit straight onto the others.

The R1100S and R1150RT have a bigger LH case (as the 1100S has underseat exh and the RT has a lower-level exh) so their LH cases won't fit the Rockster without modifications to the exhaust system and lower mount (lots of info on that on here too to enable the larger case to be used).

I'm assuming you already have the side rails on your bike that are needed (the top 2 mounting points of the cases locate on optional side rails)? If not then you'll have to get some (FYI - the side rails on the 'R' are the same ones as Rocksters use as well). I was lucky in that my bike had side rails fitted when I bought it.
two wheel gal
Basic User

Re: BMW System Cases

Post by two wheel gal »

Thanks. Now I need to find some bags. Anyone have a set for sale?
Diane
2004 BMW Rockster (Green)
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100 (Green)