Intro from NH

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

ROXTR
Donating Member #: 1

Intro from NH

Post by ROXTR »

Greeting from NH. I guess it's time to introduce myself here (3 months later). The only bikes I've ridden have been BMW's. I sold a pristine 92 K75S in order to buy my Rock. I've also been on the saddle of a 74 R90S and an 06 K1200GT. After riding the K75S for 3 years and upgrading what I could (Wilbers, etc.), I wanted something with some character. So when I saw this Rockster at a local dealer in December I knew it was time to upgrade. I loved the K75 for its smoothness, but I never felt like it had the brakes or suspension I would be happy with.
From what I can see, the previous owner removed the cannister off the right side, chopped down the rear fender flush with the license plate, and removed the tiger stripes from the tank and tail section. But the bike had 15000 miles and was cosmetically and mechanically pristine. Once I got it home I started looking for aftermarket farkles to customize the bike to my taste. I sourced a mint Sargent seat f/r from the bmwmoa marketplace. Installed a Gimbel bellypan that I posted in the bellypan thread. I also installed an HID low beam using Hella components I had lying around from an Audi headlight. Not some chinese drop in kit. The beam pattern is absolutely superb and looks great too. I also ordered an IICE AIR (like a boosterplug) from Poolside over on ADVRIDER.
Some more pics:
Rockster
Gimbel | Sargent | AFXIED | LeoVince | BoxerPerformance | EBC | Metzeler | RS Ducts | UNI | Bitubo
Buckster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 543

Re: Intro from NH

Post by Buckster »

Nice Rock...welcome to the site! Plenty of good stuff on these bikes in this forum. Consider being a member to keep the site going. One of my favorite things about my bike is this forum!
Buckster '03R
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Nice bike, welcome to the group.

You'll have to let us know your impressions of the IICE AIR... I've been following that ADV thread for a long time.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
ROXTR

Post by ROXTR »

I will update on the IICE AIR when it arrives. I think I'm in the next shipping batch. I also plan on ordering and installing the IICE Cool as well once those start production.
Rockster
Gimbel | Sargent | AFXIED | LeoVince | BoxerPerformance | EBC | Metzeler | RS Ducts | UNI | Bitubo
04rocksterorange
Basic User

Post by 04rocksterorange »

hey from upstate ny, how do you like the seat? i am looking to replace my stock one for a seat more suited for longer saddle time, thanks, bryan
ROXTR

Post by ROXTR »

I haven't really put enough miles on it to give an objective review. There's too much salt/sand on the road to go out for any length of time. Hopefully soon. I'm looking forward to racking up some miles.
Rockster
jas
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by jas »

sweatmark wrote:Nice bike, welcome to the group.

You'll have to let us know your impressions of the IICE AIR... I've been following that ADV thread for a long time.
I ran the IICE Air for a couple months prior to selling the rockster, then installed it on my friends 1100GS.

The rockster ran RS intake tubes, full remus system, and OEM airfilter. Throttle responce after installation was smoother and the bike ran great in midrange with a little boost on the low end.

The 1100GS has a Two-Bros exhaust, RS intake tubes, K and N filter. running on the setting for the hot environment the bike came to life, neutral no change. Running this winter on the negative setting was not much of a change either. Install takes 1 minute and switching setting takes maybe 30 seconds. Our opinion is that it pays for itself in enjoyment, as soon as the temps start to climb.
2004 Roc.