Sport handlebar suggestions for r1150r

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

bshelton
Basic User

Sport handlebar suggestions for r1150r

Post by bshelton »

I am looking for a sportier handlebar for my R1150R, any suggestions??? I have looked at the wunderlich bars but they rope you into buying their cruise control bar ends as well and I would rather stick with my throttlemeister. Thanks.
harveyrawn
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Sport handlebar suggestions for r1150r

Post by harveyrawn »

bshelton wrote:I am looking for a sportier handlebar for my R1150R, any suggestions??? I have looked at the wunderlich bars but they rope you into buying their cruise control bar ends as well and I would rather stick with my throttlemeister. Thanks.
I'm not familiar with their sport bars, but my Throttlemeisters work fine on the Wunderlich touring bar.
Harvey
Recharged on an '02
MattPie
Lifer

Post by MattPie »

bshelton wrote:I am looking for a sportier handlebar for my R1150R, any suggestions??? I have looked at the wunderlich bars but they rope you into buying their cruise control bar ends as well and I would rather stick with my throttlemeister. Thanks.
Rockster bars are more aggressive. I think they cost between $200-300 (I asked the last time I was at the dealer).
Go Sabres!
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 312

Post by boxermania »

I have used the aluminum Renthal handlebars succesfully as they come in just about all setbacks, heights and are fairly inexpensive. I had one on my 94 Ducati Monster and loved it.
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

I am looking for a sportier handlebar for my R1150R
Depends on your own definition of "sporty", but I second the option of Rockster handlebar. After riding our former R1150R Roadster for 10k miles and wishing for sportier riding position, and now riding my Rockster for 16k miles, I'd claim that the Rockster bar offers a better position, with more forward lean and feel for the front wheel*. The biggest advantage of buying a Rockster handlebar over other aftermarket options is the bar's provision for OE bar-end weights and your Throttle-Meister, along with the necessary access for heated grips wiring.

Installing Rockster bar plus taller & firmer rider's seat (whatever suits you, I have a Sargent) will get you in a more aggressive posture that's a good balance with comfort.

*Note - the Telelever front end is not exactly the best system for front end feel !!!
bshelton
Basic User

Post by bshelton »

sweatmark wrote:
Depends on your own definition of "sporty", but I second the option of Rockster handlebar. After riding our former R1150R Roadster for 10k miles and wishing for sportier riding position, and now riding my Rockster for 16k miles, I'd claim that the Rockster bar offers a better position, with more forward lean and feel for the front wheel*.

I have heard from some people that the Rockster handlebars are to wide, what do you think? I am looking for a more forward leaning, aggressive position.
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

I have heard from some people that the Rockster handlebars are to wide, what do you think? I am looking for a more forward leaning, aggressive position.
They are a bit wide imo.. I just rotated my standard bars forward a bit and that works for me.

DJ
Bry
Basic User

Post by Bry »

Always thought the flat forward position on the Rockster I had was great, I found the standard R bars are a more of a sit up and beg! :)
I work so much to afford the toys I don't have time to use!