I love summer

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

yjleesvrr
Donating Member #: 0

I love summer

Post by yjleesvrr »

Wow, I've ridden 1300 miles this week while getting in over 40 hours of work! The fact that the week started off with a 840 mile business trip on the Roadster helped, but with great weather every day of this week I've been able to ride close to a hundred miles after work each day. The fact that the sun is setting around 9 at night now that we are close to the summer solstice is something I love about this time of year.

All three of my bikes have been getting exercise. The Dyna Glide Sport is now past its break-in period and is closing in on 700 miles on the odo. I've been revving it into its upper rpm range in the last couple days. I'm now used to the idea of leaning a 650 lb. bike deep into a turn. This thing has amazing clearance for a cruiser - almost as much as my other bikes.

The SV continues to thrill as the little twin sings its high note in the mountains. This is the best bike for making commuting interesting and waking me up before I get to work. When I've accrued 16k miles on the odo, I'd like to take it up to CycleRob's shop and have his crew mod this thing a bit for better suspension work.

The Roadster continues to serve as my workhorse. 30k miles on the odo and running smoothly and consistently as ever. She just turned 3 years old four days ago. She is my stalwart companion on lonely trips to faraway places regardless of climate or time of day (or night).

Life is great when traveling on two wheels and the sun is up.
Member #93, June 2002
'14 BMW R1200RT "Wethead"
'77 BMW R100/7 "Airhead"

Post by Guest »

I think someone is having too much fun.
vintagecycle
Basic User

Post by vintagecycle »

I love the Dyna Glide Sport, that would be my choice if I was in the market for a Harley. Silver with that blacked out engine looks awesome.

I miss the summers back east, so green and lush, and those rolling hills and twisty roads... :smt045
Dan

'04 R1150R (Silver) Sold
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'81 Yamaha YZ125
Pat
Honorary Lifer

Post by Pat »

Truth be told,
the more I read about how poor the suspension is, fit & finish of the chrome & misc' parts, and the lackluster performance of that BMW CLC1200, the more I return to my long seated desire to be seated on a Dyna.

A regular Dyna Glide with it's stock handlebars fits me VERY well. I would prefer the dual discs up front from the Sport, and I'm told the new Sports no longer have the cartridge style tubes...... But if I replace the factory shocks, and ask Dave (rider of Darth) how to improve on the factory brakes on a basic Dyna Glide, it's very possible I could be content for a looooong time on a low Harley.

The wide glide front end on the Softail Standard appeals to me, but not the way the shocks look on the Dyna Wide Glide. Besides, I can't reach forward controls, and the softail suspension does nothing to gain my confidence in it's ability to work well.

A Super Glide looks half decent with some bags stuck on it, the saddle can be tailored for me, the engine & frame is narrow for my short inseam, and the riding position would be the MOST upright seating position I have EVER been in. This could well be my next bike, if I could find one cheap enough that hasn't been messed with or driven incorrectly.

Hmmmm..... gotta go on-line and see how little one can be had for.
Member #31