Seduced by power

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Damo
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Seduced by power

Post by Damo »

Well, I did it. I took my Ed80 to the local dealer to have a final drive leak sorted. While there, out of nothing more than curiosity, I made the mistake of test riding a K1200R. The rest is history.

When I returned from a rather invigorating ride, my Ed80 had been appraised, and I was given the unexpected trade offer which was too good to refuse.

I am now the proud owner of a brand new yellow/black K12R. Sport wheels, no ABS/ESA. They just happened to have my preferred combination of colour and options sitting in the showroom.

800 kms later and I am more than happy with my decision. The Ed80 was a great bike, but my new ride has me taking the long way home at every opportunity..... Rockster owners beware.....

Damo
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Congrats...I know how you feel...I test rode the beast for a whole weekend...I loved the fit and ergos..and most of all I loved the power.. :twisted:

I didn't buy one...but I still have my licence.. :D ...to be honest if I could afford it I would trade up...btw I also like the black and yellow...nice choice.

Maybe one day I'll get one also...but for now I still love my RR.

DJ
fnfalman
Basic User

Post by fnfalman »

Congrats on the new bike. But as far as seduction by power, my Aprilia Tuonos have plenty more oomph, but I still love The Rock.
Cogito Ergo Vroom - I think therefore I ride.
03 Rockster, 07 Aprilia Tuono R, 07 KTM 990 Adventure
riceburner
Basic User

Re: Seduced by power

Post by riceburner »

Damo wrote:Well, I did it. I took my Ed80 to the local dealer to have a final drive leak sorted. While there, out of nothing more than curiosity, I made the mistake of test riding a K1200R. The rest is history.

When I returned from a rather invigorating ride, my Ed80 had been appraised, and I was given the unexpected trade offer which was too good to refuse.

I am now the proud owner of a brand new yellow/black K12R. Sport wheels, no ABS/ESA. They just happened to have my preferred combination of colour and options sitting in the showroom.

800 kms later and I am more than happy with my decision. The Ed80 was a great bike, but my new ride has me taking the long way home at every opportunity..... Rockster owners beware.....

Damo

Just have both. :D ;)

(I bought the K12R for the wife as a wedding gift. ;) )
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
big papa
Basic User

Post by big papa »

Rockster to KR, great decision!!!
Bill
'07 R1200RT
ranmar850
Basic User

Post by ranmar850 »

Power corrupts-absolute power corrupts absolutely :twisted:
Bry
Basic User

Post by Bry »

:lol: Congrats!

The bikes a nasty piece of work, made to make you smile...

Twist & go... :twisted:

Bry
I work so much to afford the toys I don't have time to use!
Damo
Basic User

Post by Damo »

Thanks for the replies. The KR keeps getting better and better. Even saw my old Rockster at the dealers recently when I took the KR for first service. Felt a bit sad seeing her sitting there homeless, she was such an enjoyable and satisfying bike to ride... but the beast is far more challenging and exciting. It really has put the wow factor back into my riding!

Damo
dpalavage
Basic User

Post by dpalavage »

Damn'd you! I was all content w/ my 80 ed...sitting out in the garage all warm (since it's in the single digits this week), when I thought I'd take a ride down to my local dealer. Your post was drawing me to check out the K12R. Well...I DIDN'T buy one yet, however my dealer is promising me a deal I can't refuse on an 06 (also the black and yellow). I'll probably get around to demo'ing it as soon as it gets above freezing