Two Rocksters in Vancouver, BC

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

domekrome
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Two Rocksters in Vancouver, BC

Post by domekrome »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kromedome/sets/797624/

I met RocksterRon today, and compared Rockster ownership notes. Ron has performed a couple of mods that I am considering for my bike:

1) Sargent seat
2) Roadster bars

He has the Stanton cylinder protectors, where I have the BMW units; his are nice, more coverage = good.

It was great to meet Ron, and we swapped bikes for a short spin through some twisties (Thanks Ron). I have to say, it's quite odd to look in the mirrors, and see someone else riding my bike. I love the seat, much firmer than stock, likely to be better for long rides. The jury is still out on the bars, I may try risers/bar-backs instead.
Jason
Rockster Edition 80 #893
Yahoo-Boy
Basic User

Post by Yahoo-Boy »

How long have you ridden your bike with the stock bars? It is a very different position from what I was used to on my Suzuki, but once I spent some time with the stock set-up, I was hooked. I love the ergos of the stock bars, equally effective cutting up traffic or on twisties...I love 'em. Maybe if you aren't into a sporty ride, go with the Roadster bars. They are a little sedate for my taste.

~Scott
"If you can't say anything nice, at least have the decency to be vague."
domekrome
Basic User

Post by domekrome »

I've got 15,500 kms on the bike. I like the sweep of the bars, but need to alleviate some of the loading on my wrists. The Sargent seat on Ron's bike is awesome, seems more comfortable than stock for sure. The Roadster bars, seemed twitchy on the Rockster, compared to what I am used to; I was still able to scoot through the corners though.
Jason
Rockster Edition 80 #893
Yahoo-Boy
Basic User

Post by Yahoo-Boy »

domekrome wrote:but need to alleviate some of the loading on my wrists.
I know how that is...on other bikes...not my Rock. I usually felt the pressure on sport bikes with clip-ons. The Rock is pain free, and I've ridden about 800 miles with minimal stops. Once I conditioned myself to the stock seat, I don't even get monkey-butt anymore!

I sat on a Sargent not too long ago and didn't think it'd be worth the money, but an overwhelming number of people on this board will disagree with me on that!
domekrome
Basic User

Post by domekrome »

I'm just under 5'10", with longish arms, but I still need to reach out to the bars, so I'm not getting much of the bend in my elbows that would help me ergonomically.
Jason
Rockster Edition 80 #893
Yahoo-Boy
Basic User

Post by Yahoo-Boy »

I guess that's the difference. I'm 6'3" and feel like the bike was custom tailored to me. Now if there was a sport peg conversion, I'd be in "high cotton."
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

Is the Seargent seat lower or the same height as the stock Rockster seat - it looks lower??
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
domekrome
Basic User

Post by domekrome »

It's lower. That's the only part I'm leery of, I have a long inseam, and can already flatfoot on the stock seat.
Jason
Rockster Edition 80 #893
ronnierockster
Basic User

Post by ronnierockster »

Before changing the bars. Try pulling them as far back as they will come, So the switches just clear the tank on full lock. You will have to twist the levers around the bars as they are too high like this. The differenent is amazing. RR :lol:
See Ya...RR