should i trade my GSX1400??

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Philbie
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

should i trade my GSX1400??

Post by Philbie »

hi guys, having wanted a BMW since day dot - the opportunity has come up to get a R1150R rockter with 1000k's.

I've had my 14 for 19 months and done 1600k's and am wondering if it's a worthwhile trade up in the touring stakes?

I've got the power and some nice comfort already - but is the shalf drive and heated grips all i'll get thats better?

Please help me see the light -

I've been aiming for a RT, but and $20,000 AUS second hand, it's just getting to hard to afford.

cheers,

Phil
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

Go for a test-ride. :)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Lucky Phil... :D ....That Rockster sounds good...how much?...you will love the torque and feel of the big BMW twin...the quality and finish...and maintenance free of BMW shaft.

You need to ride it and see if it's what you want...mines 4 yrs old now and still like brand new...and at almost 40,000 klms...it's almost run-in.... :D

DJ
fnfalman
Basic User

Post by fnfalman »

I'd test ride a Rock first before changing out. You may not like the noticeable loss in power.
Cogito Ergo Vroom - I think therefore I ride.
03 Rockster, 07 Aprilia Tuono R, 07 KTM 990 Adventure
ranmar850
Basic User

Post by ranmar850 »

Like the man said, get a test ride first. The GSX1400 was on my short list, along with the Fazer Thou, but one ride on the Rockster was it. It just fitted like a glove. Certainly doesn't have the power of either of the others, but a pipe and cat replacement cleans things up and sounds good.The Rockster will murder the 14 in the twisties, really has handling at the next level, no ground clearance issues, either. You really feel like you are riding something worthwhile, not just another big jap retro four, IMHO.