My body is wearing out!! Getting old!

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

Ol' Jeffers
Donating Member #: 0

My body is wearing out!! Getting old!

Post by Ol' Jeffers »

Well not my whole body I have to confess but my lower back as a result of lifting and working on household appliances for many years.
I hope not to have to sell my beloved R1150R and that I can still get to ride it when there's no pain. My chiropractor says that there
is much scar tissue from previous damage and at my age it will take longer to heal every time it fails.
So in the mean time I've bought myself a Can-Am Spyder RS-S (SE5). I know these are very popular in the US but here
in the UK they are seldom seen. The machine that I have bought was originally purchased by a banker who shipped it to his holiday home
in Tenerife, rode it for 250 miles, severely frightened himself and so shipped it back to the dealer for him to sell.
It has most of the Can-Am accessories catalog fitted (!) and he originally paid a bit under £21,000 ($32,000).
January with snow on the ground is a good time to buy! I bought it for £15,000. I think I have a nice bike for a good price....
all I have to do is learn to ride it! I've been watching the many You-Tube videos available on the subject....seems straightforward.
OJ........everybody's pal!!
Buckster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 543

Re: My body is wearing out!! Getting old!

Post by Buckster »

I rode with a guy who had just purchased one a few years ago and he seemed to be going very slow. After the ride I asked him some questions about the Spyder. He said it is VERY different to ride compared to a motorcycle. I can't blame you for buying one as I would rather have that than a trike! Take care and ride safe!
Buckster '03R
Ol' Jeffers

Post by Ol' Jeffers »

Thanks for the encouragement Buckster!
One of the first things I was told by the dealer is that when riding the Spyder that I must forget everything
about motorcycles.e.g. No counter-steering....you steer where you want to go. So I've watched many YouTube videos to see
what others are doing and I believe that I can master this.
Take a look at this review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq6-ohD1cUc =D>
mogu83
Lifer

Post by mogu83 »

I seems that people that have had no experence on a two wheeler do much better than experenced motorcycle riders on the Cam-Ams. We have a dealer fairly close and they usually have a couple of really low mileage used bikes on the floor.

I've put a few thousand miles on a sidecar rig just to see what it's like. Personally when the time comes to hang it up I think I'll go for a drop top sports car.
Harry Costello -- Jersey Shore
2007 R1200R
1974 + 75 CB125S
1971 R75
2020 Guzzi V85TT
BMWMOA 57358
Ol' Jeffers

Post by Ol' Jeffers »

If I had the money I would have liked to get me one of these:

http://www.morgan3wheeler.co.uk/sportcreate.html

Not very fast but it echoes the 'good' things about mid- 20th.century motoring.

Here's a clip of it in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=-_4 ... ature=fvwp

Now if someone would like to lend me the money.........
angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Post by angellr »

Ol' Jeffers wrote:If I had the money I would have liked to get me one of these:

http://www.morgan3wheeler.co.uk/sportcreate.html

Not very fast but it echoes the 'good' things about mid- 20th.century motoring.

Here's a clip of it in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=-_4 ... ature=fvwp

Now if someone would like to lend me the money.........
You can do alot with 30K quid - a good down payment on a nice Porche Boxster, BMW, etc. Nice concept, but at that price I will stick with 4 wheels, beefier engine and a ragtop.
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
Buckster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 543

Post by Buckster »

So cool though.....you would never be able to go anywhere without a crowd of people asking questions about it!
Buckster '03R
sjbmw
Donating Member #: 263

Post by sjbmw »

In 2009, my right knee had so much pain that riding had to be avoided. The cartilage was wearing away due to my weight.
After 4 shots over a month at an ortho with a product called synth-visc, the pain subsided.
I was due to get these shots every 6 to 8 months forever, as the doc advised that they wear off.

At this time, I picked up 2 books by Dr. Joel Wallach, and veternarian and nutritionist. (The world of raising livestock for profit is driven by nutritional treatment, as livestock do have health insurance, so the cheapest and most effective nutrutional therapies are done to livestock. Vets that treat livestock, aside from anti-biotics for infection, are trained to address animal wellness with vitamin and mineral therapy. We humans are medical profit centers, so this therapy is not advertised to us by our medical institutions, most of which have stockholders, who must be answered to every quarter.)

In any event, I identifed certain vitamin mineral supplements that I was deficient in that I started taking in daily doses, and it's been 3 years since I got those shots, never to return for another. The cartilege in my knee grew back, someting that many orthos will say is not possible.

The pains in my ribs from my 2005 crash have also subsided. I treated my aching bones and cartiledge with the vitamins and minerals needed for my body to repair itself. The body will attempt to heal itself at any age, if given the right building blocks for repair.
Freedom is dangerous. Those in power that steal freedom are more dangerous.
Ol' Jeffers

Post by Ol' Jeffers »

First, apologies to sjbmw for not replying to his post in a timely manner. I do eat only what my body needs with
almost no sugar or salt. Pretty much no red meat but lots of fish. The only fried food I eat is a portion of french fries with a meal maybe
twice a month. I also started going to the gym!! Guess what? I rather enjoy it!
'Kay, enough of that! Back to riding. So, I have become somewhat proficient at riding the Spyder and am very comfortable and happy with
the performance and acceleration of it. It's not biking but it's still great fun! Because they are so seldom seen over here I am amazed at
the amount of times people have let me out of junctions in front of them and generally 'been nice' to me on the road, probably so they
can get a better look at the weird-looking bike! I have to allow 15 minutes to fill up with gas as I get endless questions and compliments!
Needless to say the R1150R hasn't seen too many miles this summer but the times when my body allowed me to ride it, I've really appreciated
the ride and being able to 'flow' through the curves with a flourish!