Bar Risers

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

shasta
Basic User

Bar Risers

Post by shasta »

2004 Rockster here in (very) sunny Bakersfield CA. I've had installed handlebar risers, appears the cables, in particular the throttle cable, are too short. Any suggestions on replacement cables out there? Many thanks for your replies. Sahsta
kirby
Donating Member #: 3

Re: Bar Risers

Post by kirby »

The cables were long enough for the "R" (roadster) bars.
Sorry I can't help, good luck
mike
Last edited by kirby on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER
shards
Basic User

Post by shards »

Hi, I imported an ABS Rockster into New Zealand (from Alabama) that had bar risers on. There seemed to be no problems with cable or wiring length. I think the risers were about 35mm (approx an inch and a half). Maybe check that someone before you hasn't re-routed the cables incorrectly?
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

shasta wrote:2004 Rockster here in (very) sunny Bakersfield CA. I've had installed handlebar risers, appears the cables, in particular the throttle cable, are too short. Any suggestions on replacement cables out there? Many thanks for your replies. Sahsta
For reference, I've got 25mm riser blocks on my Rockster, with no problems associated with any of the cables or wiring. But please note that I have snipped ALL of the original wire ties, and removed the attachment clips that might bind the throttle cable housing movement.

The best way to assess cable slack/binding is to remove the fuel tank, allowing clear view of the various runs from handlebar to associated connections.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
shasta
Basic User

Post by shasta »

Kirby - you're in Tehachapi? We're doing the Lions Trail, back way to the poppy preserve, Kern Canyon et al on any given Saturday. Breakfast in Keene or Tehachapi depending on the day's ride. This Last Saturday it was to the top of Mt Pinos and home via Maricopa. What say you we coordinate a ride? Riding weather is fast upon us.

Shards - I'm looking into re-routing the cable group from the front to back of the forks as per another posters' previous advise. Thanks for responding.

Sweat - I confirmed that the ties have been snipped, will see about the tank removal for a visual inspection. I appreciate your response.
grwrockster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by grwrockster »

I have R1150GS 'bars on my Rockster, and if routed properly the throttle cable isn't a problem.

With the rise of the GS 'bars the throttle and brake lines are very marginal though. I got away with the brake (just) with a bit of mucking about, and to get the clutch line working I pulled the tank back and re-routed the clutch line ABOVE the front tank mount (prior to this it ran UNDER the front tank mount).

I did run risers with the stock 'bars before this (about 1.5" higher and 1.25" further back) and all lines and cables presented no issues.

So - a bit of careful routing should see you sorted :D !
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by riceburner »

I have risers too, (not sure what the offset is), but the cables are fine, just make sure they're routed efficiently and not cable-tied to anything they don't need to be. :)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
shasta
Basic User

Post by shasta »

grw, rice. I've passed your suggestions on to my "ace" mechanic. Many thanks for your advise. BTW, the risers are the Verholen for rockster. I've also ordered the r1150r throttle cable said to be 2" longer than that on the rockster. I'm ready to ride, man. shasta