New owner

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

billmw
Basic User

New owner

Post by billmw »

Hi all,
Have paid for my 2003 Rockster and champing at the bit to pick it up next Saturday. Sold the Buell to get this bike and intend to ride around Australia next year. Till then will have to do some trips up to Brisbane and Sydney to get a feel for the bike on the long haul. Still got a Harley and a 1974 CJ750 with sidecar in the garage. Last BMW was a K75s that gave good service for 17 years before getting the Harley. Any tips on issues with the bike or suggestions on how to improve it would be appreciated.

Bill
Melbourne
borderbiker
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Re: New owner

Post by borderbiker »

welcome,
the only thing i would recommend is for long journeys maybe fit a screen for bit more comfort. snip the cable ties around the head stock, as these are too tight and can cause problems occasionally. Apart from that , ride it and enjoy it, best bike i ve had by a long shot. :D PS, hope you got a geen one as they re the faster model> lol
pietervn
Basic User

Post by pietervn »

G'Day Mate,

Give me a hoy when you get to Sydney, I will shout a brewed beverage or a coffee and chat about the blue and white propeller. :)

Cheers,

Pete
'02 Yellow R1150R
'02 R1150GSA
razz
Basic User

Post by razz »

gday billbm, good choice of bike. mate, I would fit a bar end cruze control and put a set of michelin pilot road 3' on. I put a set on at 83,000 and it's now got 98,400. a trip to the GP and back to Perth left only the smallest flat spot. Ditch the muffler but keep the cat so you can fit a full size pannier on the left. you have to make up a new locating point on the pannier but it's worth the hassle for the extra space. and get yourself a tankbag; bmw one. mines 8 years old and still works fine. other than that, see you in Perth for a beer.
p.s. travel anti clock wise and save yourself about 600km.
p.s.s. that's crap about the green ones, the bronze one are faster...............
m7flyer
Basic User

Post by m7flyer »

I saw the new owner subject and thought I'd jump in here. I just got this sweet E 80 and found this great site
with all the people who have great taste in bikes . Been reading like a fool for a couple days now while working ( well, pretending to work)

'04 r1150 Rockster E80
razz
Basic User

Post by razz »

sweet e 80 m7flyer, how long you had it? how many k's/miles? this is a great site, you can spend many hours here. enjoy riding the e 80.
m7flyer
Basic User

Post by m7flyer »

I've only had it a week and just filled it up for the 3rd time :D been riding all over and loving it. It only has 7k miles but that won't be for long.
'04 r1150 Rockster E80