Heated grips, right side hotter than left one

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

brico
Lifer

Heated grips, right side hotter than left one

Post by brico »

I bought my 2004 R1150R Rockster in September last year and cannot recall if there was difference in heat between right and left side. I've changed my handlebars from retrofitted R1150R back to to original R1150R Rockster bars and tried the heating only for a short time and it worked. Last few days I am riding with almost freezing temperatures in the morning and using my heated grips. Right one is hotter than the left one. Is this normal? What could make the difference?
Railbender
Lifer
Donating Member #: 689

Re: Heated grips, right side hotter than left one

Post by Railbender »

Normal, to a certain extent. The throttle tube insulates the heated grip from the metal handlebar, reducing heat loss through the bar. I really don't notice much difference on my bikes.
john13
Basic User

Re: Heated grips, right side hotter than left one

Post by john13 »

Meanwhile back home I have a trusty mechanic that is cheap, but really good. He's such an easygoing guy that he would let his customers owe him money for work done. I found myself telling his customers to pay up lest the mechanic goes into insolvency and we will lose this gem. Then it struck me that online forums are no different. If this site folds, then I would be deprived of a valuable source of help, banter and resources for my bike. My online adviser will no longer be around. That changed my mind-set.