Experience with HP Corse exhausts?

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

w_4
Basic User

Experience with HP Corse exhausts?

Post by w_4 »

Hello all!! I'm kinda new to the Rockster world, but since 6 months I am a proud owner of a 2003 Rockster in 80's edition.

Does anyone here have experience with the Rockster exhausts (inclusief y-pipe) from HP Corse, an Italian brand?

Prices HP Corse from KGL Racing : http://kglracing.com/shop/index.php?mai ... ts_id=2055

Exhausts by HP Corse for the Rockster: http://www.hpcorse.com/EN/moto/24/r-1150-r

I like the exteriour looks, but not sure the quality is good.

Besides this i'm not sure about two other things
- does the y-pipe (cat replacement) have (or need) screwpoints for the center stand?
- does the y-pipe have a way to connect the oxygen sensor

Unfortunately the manufacturer itself does not reply on e-mail.

So, does anyone know?
w_4
Basic User

Re: Experience with HP Corse exhausts?

Post by w_4 »

n-e-1 ?
ROXTR
Donating Member #: 1

Post by ROXTR »

You may want to try asking in the R1150R forum as well, it's a bit busier in there. I'm in the market for a new exhaust on my Rock a well.
Rockster
Gimbel | Sargent | AFXIED | LeoVince | BoxerPerformance | EBC | Metzeler | RS Ducts | UNI | Bitubo
w_4
Basic User

Post by w_4 »

Thanks ROXTR! Will do!
loris199
Basic User

Post by loris199 »

fell in love with that exhaust the first time i saw a pic on an italian BMW site!
i like the "short and fat" style, and i was close to buy an used one, mint conditions (the shortest model produced)
then i turned my attentions to the yellow suspensions :mrgreen:
and then fell in love with laser, but that's another story
as soon as i'll have 10 minutes i'll collect some technical infos and post you some cool pics about it
cheers from Italy

Loris
w_4
Basic User

Post by w_4 »

Wow, that would be great loris199 ... I have not seen any pictures yet of a R1150R with a 240mm (shortest one) mounted. Love to see them!! :D

Btw: i have ordered the 240mm titanium version already which will be delivered in a few weeks ... fingers crossed :)
loris199
Basic User

Post by loris199 »

give me 10-15 minutes and i'll post some pics
i just copied my "Rockster" folder on this laptop and i'm almost ready!
btw, i read on another thread that you've already bought it :mrgreen:
ahhhh...bikes...aftermarket accessories...worse than drug :lol: :mrgreen:
w_4
Basic User

Post by w_4 »

Anxiously waiting =P~ :D
loris199
Basic User

Post by loris199 »

here you are: maybe some of them are not the ones you're looking for (ops, the one you are waiting... :mrgreen: ) but anyway, hope you like these pics:

loris199
Basic User

Post by loris199 »

the guy who was selling the exhaust and also other people here in Italy who know about exhaust told me that this is a good product, pretty well finished and (personal taste!!!) with a cool design!
it's really common to see Remus or Leovince or Akra...HP is pretty rare (personally never seen one "live")
i appriciate your choice!!!
speaking about performances, as far as i know a short exhaust lacks in low rpm torque, also a kat removal has the same effect...
but since i bought my bike with an "Y" and a Remus already installed, i cannot give you infos about it!
w_4
Basic User

Post by w_4 »

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!

Thanks loris199, you've made my day. Based on the pictures I've definitely made the right decision :lol: \:D/ .

I've ordered the Pro Race version, so I'm guessing this will be the version without the logo on it. The one with the logo is the Pro Series I pressume.

And these are all 300mm versions (I know, because I measured on my bike how far a 300 or 240mm would come) while I ordered 240mm. So it's even going to be better!!! YEAH!!! =D>

Love it!!!