WTT Want to Trade my Stock tall seat with a low seat!!!!

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

rroney
Basic User

WTT Want to Trade my Stock tall seat with a low seat!!!!

Post by rroney »

I have a 2004 r1150r Rockster that I just bought with a tall seat. I am 5'6" and would like a low seat. I am in California. Anyone want to trade. The seat is in great condition. Let me know. I am Ryan and my email is [email protected]
Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Re: WTT Want to Trade my Stock tall seat with a low seat!!!!

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

You should post this on the Buy Sell Trade section of the site. It will likely be better seen.

Also, think twice about doing that. Yes, the lower seat will allow you to navigate slow speed and parking lots easier, but if you do any touring, or long distance riding your legs will be more cramped by the low seat. A lot. I looked to do the same thing, and speaking with the people at Bentonville BMW in ARK, I was advised not to because, they asked, "How much of your riding is at stoplights and parking lots, maybe 5%, so to get comfort there, you give up comfort for the other 95% of your riding." They told me I would know I didn't like the low seat "in 5 minutes." I didn't test them, but they sounded like they had BTDT.
Made sense to me and I didn't seek it out again.

The bike is tall, and heavy. And once it starts going over, that's it, although you have a long time to curse as it descends. Then you get to pick her up. Joy.
Some people 5'6" ride GS s without difficulty (they're lying of course :D, or they are VERY VERY skilled, far more than me ) but this bike for all its attributes is a handful at slow speeds. I am "almost" 5'8" w a 32" inch inseam. On my tours even the tall seat gets a little cramped. I just deal and try to be wary of slow speed maneuvering. When I need to replace it will be a much lighter bike, though I hope that does not happen soon.

I would definitely suggest you try one before you buy it and try it long enough to prove me and the Bentonville people wrong.

JOhn
'09 Schwarze Blanche DuBois
Well, don't do that-Hippocrates