Page 1 of 1
Aftermarket Links
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:19 pm
by fly
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:54 pm
by AllanCook
Thanks. There's a nice carbon hugger for the R1200R on the Hornig site.
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:36 am
by celticus
What is the difference in The Hugger and The Rear Fender on the Hornig site? Size?
Mark
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:37 am
by fly
One is carbon fiber and the other is...not? I suspect they are from two different manufacturers. I have seen the same cf one on another website.
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:00 am
by r12r-don
so if I recall from another link - nobody found a rear wheel hugger originating states side? If not, I'll be putting the painted black one on my xmas list.
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:22 am
by fly
Boxer Design has one and they offer free shipping worldwide. Shipping from Hornig is very reasonable as well. Both ship via DHL air so the in transit time should not be significantlydifferent than getting it shipped from somewhere within the US.
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:34 am
by Lost Rider
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:39 pm
by fly
Very cool carbon fiber components from Ilmberger.
This appears to be who produces the carbon hugger seen on other websites. Personally I like the rear light cover. If you look at some of the products they make for the other models (eg. for the GS and S) they have some really nice stuff. Looks like there are more pics coming for the R too.
http://www.ilmberger-carbon.de/html/r1200r.html
Sierra BMW
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:19 pm
by andyman99
Be sure to check
http://www.sierrabmw.com for their catalog of bmw items, including the Ilmberger carbon parts. Not cheap, though.
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:31 pm
by celticus
Good golly miss Molly Ilmberger has added many new products for the R1200R since I last looked. I just installed a carbon hugger from them today and it is a perfect fit.
Mark
Re: Sierra BMW
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:14 pm
by AllanCook
andyman99 wrote:Be sure to check
http://www.sierrabmw.com for their catalog of bmw items, including the Ilmberger carbon parts. Not cheap, though.
Sierra is a good source. They have a very large selection of BMW accessories and gear and they are pretty fast. I recently bought some Pro Touring boots from them and got a bit of a discount off retail.
YMMV.
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:54 pm
by fly
celticus wrote:Good golly miss Molly Ilmberger has added many new products for the R1200R since I last looked. I just installed a carbon hugger from them today and it is a perfect fit.
Mark
I see that. I like the oil cooler shroud although it could use a screen of some sort and I like the lower spoiler but I am not willing to give up the center stand.
Mark, did you order the hugger directly from Ilmberger? How was cost and shipping?
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:06 am
by celticus
Mark , I got the Ilmberger hugger through Sierra. It was right around $300. They were fast and efficient.
Mark
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:48 am
by Skippy
In deed lot's of new parts by Ilmberger. I realy like the Side covers in CF and the rearlight cover is also kinda cool. I wonder how would this all look with an alu polished tank(in an ol'skool cafe racer kind off way).
Fly I also think a screen in the oil cooler would look nice and offer some added protection. I guess it wouldn't be hard to make as there seams to be plenty of room in the opening of the oilcooler cover on the inside. Maybe could just get some screen in a color you like and glue it in to place. I have done the same with my R1100S, might be a nice winter project.
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:27 pm
by celticus
Skippy , GOOD is how it would look with a polished or brushed aluminum tank. After that we'll work on the instruments. It is the funest bike I have ever driven. I have no regrets.
Mark