Page 1 of 1
Air deflectors on top of oil coolers
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:05 pm
by Rockosmith
I was at the Rocket City Rally last weekend and saw an 1150R with two plastic "air deflectors" that were fastened to the top of the oil coolers. They were about 2 inches tall and blended in nicely with the curves of the tank. My question is--where can I get a set of these?? Any help would be appreciatedl
Thanks
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:30 pm
by 12bar1
Those would be Aeroflow tank wings. I have them on my bike and find they work very well.
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:26 pm
by Rockosmith
Where would I be able to buy these??
aeroflow tank wings
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:50 pm
by SlideRuyle
Rocko
I have some of these for sale. I just took them off. I had them on for just a couple of months, but they conflict with the touring bars I just put on. They worked great. I have the original box and instructions. The only thing I lack is the extra strong velcro strip that attached to the tank. See this site;
http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/r1150r_tank_wings.htm
They cost $115 plus shipping new. PM me and let me know if you are interested
Slideruyle
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:00 pm
by paroyboy
OK, I'l be dumb here...what exactly are they supposed to do. The site says: "eliminates the dirty air coming over the oil-coolers and front of the gas tank" Huh?
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:19 am
by 12bar1
The claim is the oil coolers create a lot of turbulent air that hits the rider and adds to helmet buffeting. I was skeptical when I first herd about them but I took a chance and bought a pair. For me they made a huge difference in they way the air hits my torso and helmet. I was seriously considering getting rid of my Roadster before I installed them but they were the final touch needed to cure all my air flow problems.
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:37 am
by Rockosmith
SlideRuyle
I am definitely interested in taking these off your hands. What will you take for them?? Please e-mail me at
[email protected]
Thanks