Page 1 of 1
BMW Battery Charger
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:04 am
by italr1150r
Hi guys! Just a quick question: Does anybody know if it's ok to leave the battery charger on all night? It's the one that plugs in like a cigarette lighter on the side and has all those lights ....green, yellow, red. Every once in a while I like to charge it up in the winter time, when I don't go riding for a while. Thanks!
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:15 am
by DJ Downunder
Yes you can leave it on all night...even leave it on all week if you like...once at full charge the light goes green and stops charging....I think.
DJ
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:17 pm
by italr1150r
Thanks!
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:20 pm
by apaulcopy
I live up north where we have (unfortunately) about 5 months of snow and I leave my BMW smart charger designed for gel batteries plugged in during the entire off-season. As I understand it, it's designed to monitor voltage level from the battery; once it dips below some trigger value, it resumes giving your battery a trickle charge. They claim it can't overcharge.
Anyhow, that's what I think...