Page 1 of 1

Motorcycle cop-1 SUV-0

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:37 pm
by bmwkid
This morning as I waited to cross the street a cell phone talking ,SUV ,driving pinhead decided to pull a U-turn at a high rate of speed to grab an open parking spot. The problem was he cut right in front of a motorcycle cop. Watching the cop pull over and write that ticket was the highlight of the morning. :lol:

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:40 pm
by BobFV1
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:29 pm
by arkline
BoooYah!!!

Karma comes around every once in a while... :lol:

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:45 pm
by rdsmith3
Yes, sometimes you think, "Where is a cop when you need one" and one is there.

I was driving (in my car) in the left lane on a busy road that is two lanes in each direction, with a speed limit of 50 mph. This guy in a commercial van -- like a painter or plumber would use -- was right on my bumper for miles. We headed down a long hill, and I decided not to fight the guy. I had enough of him, so I pulled over to let him go by.

He took off. Cops often wait at the bottom of this hill. Well, what do you know. Today was my lucky day. As I moved right, I heard my radar detector go off.

They got him.

Re: Motorcycle cop-1 SUV-0

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:49 pm
by Capt. Blackadder
bmwkid wrote:This morning as I waited to cross the street a cell phone talking, SUV-driving pinhead decided to pull a U-turn at a high rate of speed to grab an open parking spot. The problem was he cut right in front of a motorcycle cop. Watching the cop pull over and write that ticket was the highlight of the morning. :lol:
Sweet... love stories like these. Speaking of motor cops, I saw a fine display of riding skill by one of them here in Chandler the other night. I was stopped at a left-turn light, and this cop on a Kawa 1000 came flying up behind me in the other turn lane, ran the red light at full left tilt dragging hard parts through the entire turn in a spectacular shower of sparks and screeching sounds, and then he yanked the bike bolt upright and rocketed down the street like nothing out of the ordinary just happened. Made my fargin' week! :mrgreen: :smt023

Re: Motorcycle cop-1 SUV-0

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:55 am
by Guest
Capt. Blackadder wrote:
bmwkid wrote:This morning as I waited to cross the street a cell phone talking, SUV-driving pinhead decided to pull a U-turn at a high rate of speed to grab an open parking spot. The problem was he cut right in front of a motorcycle cop. Watching the cop pull over and write that ticket was the highlight of the morning. :lol:
Sweet... love stories like these. Speaking of motor cops, I saw a fine display of riding skill by one of them here in Chandler the other night. I was stopped at a left-turn light, and this cop on a Kawa 1000 came flying up behind me in the other turn lane, ran the red light at full left tilt dragging hard parts through the entire turn in a spectacular shower of sparks and screeching sounds, and then he yanked the bike bolt upright and rocketed down the street like nothing out of the ordinary just happened. Made my fargin' week! :mrgreen: :smt023
That was me. The keys were left in the ignition so I thought I'd "borrow" it for a little joyride. Got a head start on his partner (and easily ditched him)... later ditched the bike too.

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:19 am
by new2BMW
Oh yeah? I am the partner that you ditched. Ponch is really mad about his bike and wants it back! :lol:

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:22 am
by Blitz
Just had a similar experience riding home behind this tiny Toyota pickup ala 1980's, with the truck bed over-loaded with a large heap of junk, probably six feet high. I mean everything, tires, rolled up fencing, wood, you name it. This thing was so poorly loaded it was listing like the Titanic! On the very top was the whipped cream and a cherry...well no, actually it was a wheel barrow upside down randomly strapped upside down to "hold" everything in place. I didn't need ABS sensors to tell me that this was a rolling traffic chaos waiting to happen. I backed off in expectation of the inevitable. Off course the cager behind me was tailgating because I wasn't right behind the idiot in front. Anyway, sure as day, we roll down a curvy decline and the wind gets the opportunity to lift the wheel barrow bucket from underneath and VOILA! a FLYING projectile..."It's a bird, it's a plane! No it's superidiot and his magic wheel barrow. This thing comes back at me and I feel like I'm now flying the "Millenium Falcon" through and asteroid field, 'cause once the wheel barrow let loose, the rolls of fence and everything else followed. I was able to negotiate to the left and pull over on the wrong side of the road as the cager behind me locked up his brakes and drove over some fencing and a few 2x4's.
Mr. Clean sees his error and pulls over. And what to my wandering eyes should appear, two State Troopers! AHH my lucky day, I let them know about Mr. Clean and his over load and they promptly wheeled behind him and cited him for the unsecured load...chock one up for the Good Guys! :lol:

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:35 am
by BobFV1
Blitz - scary story! Glad you are okay after that incident.