Can I run wider tire than 160/60/18?
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:37 am
When I got my bike I was amazed how skinny the rear tire is on my RTP1100.
Has anyone run a wider tire?
I just found out my tires are 9 yrs old, So i slowed WAY down and ordered new Avon tires.
I know this is R forum, but this is the best boxer forum online.
After much research I decided to go with stock size.
I'm just used to wide tires from my sportbikes.
If cops can chase folks down on skinny tires, I can handle the twisties.
Just put new avon on f&R and scrubbed in, I am amazed how this big bike leans, tires stick like glue.
Good to be back on new rubber.
BUT I could barely get new tire past swing arm pivots, A wider tire would be really hard to get on.
Has anyone run a wider tire?
I just found out my tires are 9 yrs old, So i slowed WAY down and ordered new Avon tires.
I know this is R forum, but this is the best boxer forum online.
After much research I decided to go with stock size.
I'm just used to wide tires from my sportbikes.
If cops can chase folks down on skinny tires, I can handle the twisties.
Just put new avon on f&R and scrubbed in, I am amazed how this big bike leans, tires stick like glue.
Good to be back on new rubber.
BUT I could barely get new tire past swing arm pivots, A wider tire would be really hard to get on.