Wiring assistance needed...
Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:27 am
OK... so I am pretty sure I finally figured out which wire on my front-end is causing the bike to completely lose power when the handlebars are turned to the right. After several lapses of logic and pure wild goose chases, I think it is the wire that attaches to the center of the... oh, hell... see the picture below...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-DWe- ... G_1389.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-42Rp ... G_1392.JPG
I am assuming it is directly linked to the key mechanism, since when I bend/straighten it in just the right way I can get the power to go completely off - just like turning off the key.
What I need help with are the following things:
1. Does anyone know how to detach this wire so that I can work on it off the bike?
2. Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the wires from the plastic wire harness/plug? I'd like to re-wrap the wires once I fix whatever problem there is, and it would be ideal if I could use shrink-wrapping without having to cut and re-splice the wires.
If anybody knows anything about this, or can help with my questions, I'd be most grateful. Thanks in advance, everyone - and Happy Fathers' Day to all the dads out there!
Andrew
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-DWe- ... G_1389.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-42Rp ... G_1392.JPG
I am assuming it is directly linked to the key mechanism, since when I bend/straighten it in just the right way I can get the power to go completely off - just like turning off the key.
What I need help with are the following things:
1. Does anyone know how to detach this wire so that I can work on it off the bike?
2. Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the wires from the plastic wire harness/plug? I'd like to re-wrap the wires once I fix whatever problem there is, and it would be ideal if I could use shrink-wrapping without having to cut and re-splice the wires.
If anybody knows anything about this, or can help with my questions, I'd be most grateful. Thanks in advance, everyone - and Happy Fathers' Day to all the dads out there!
Andrew