Which oil to use for summer
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:18 pm
Just got this 01 RTP1100. Yes, another oil thread.
I did search under oil and there were too many to list, Just needs specifics.
It has used half qt and i need to top it off. I did see it was diff level when cold and after ride.
Can i use regular synthetic oil and is 20w50 best for hot Tx summers?
Mobil 1 is what i run in my BMW car but can't find it in 20w50.
I know I can use other than BMW oil.
So do rt boxer motors have oil thermostat?
Any advise?
Thanks
I did search under oil and there were too many to list, Just needs specifics.
It has used half qt and i need to top it off. I did see it was diff level when cold and after ride.
Can i use regular synthetic oil and is 20w50 best for hot Tx summers?
Mobil 1 is what i run in my BMW car but can't find it in 20w50.
I know I can use other than BMW oil.
So do rt boxer motors have oil thermostat?
Any advise?
Thanks