Page 1 of 1

alternator belt RT1100rt

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:49 am
by bimmerguy
Just checked my alt belt on 2001 Rtp1100 . 68k
Small cracks, time to change it.
I just got oem belt for $22 from BMW.
I then took it to oreileys auto parts and the duplicated it for $10, I always carry a spare for trips.
I took belt cover off this weekend, because of crash bars, I had to drop it down and cut in half with rotozip.
5 minutes later with 13mm socket and 12" extension, old belt came off, in chunks. Half of 1 rib missing. Whew, that was close.
I used 24" flatblade screwdriver under left{facing engine} bottom of alt, raised it, locked bolts down and done.
1hr for entire procedure.
Cut left from rotozip so small and behind telever, I just cleaned up shavings and installed cover.
Belt replacement is VERY easy job.
Easy at home , but can be done on road with right tools in tool kit,
Take 13mm boxend wrench on trips.

Gracias from TX

Re: Wher can I buy alternator belt RT1100rt

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:59 am
by omg1010
Hi there,

1st of all check which length your belt is. There are two versions 611 and 592 mm. Suggest you then g**gle for "Conti Multirib 4 PK 592" or "Conti Multirib 4 PK 611". Conti stands for the manufacturer which is German company Continental.

On my R1100R (1998) it was version 4 PK 611.

You should be able to locate same for half the price or even less than what you pay at your stealership.

Brgds
Oliver

Re: Wher can I buy alternator belt RT1100rt

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:38 pm
by Railbender
Take your old belt to any good auto parts store and they should be able to help you.

Re: Wher can I buy alternator belt RT1100rt

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:48 pm
by Witch Doctor
If he takes off his belt, how we keep his pants on!

Re: Wher can I buy alternator belt RT1100rt

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:41 am
by omg1010
The 4PK611 was used in the Hyundai Accent (from year 2000 til ...)

If you need other alternatives please have a look at this http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47597

Brgds
Oliver

Re: Wher can I buy alternator belt RT1100rt

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:42 am
by Railbender
Witch Doctor wrote:If he takes off his belt, how we keep his pants on!
Suspenders! :mrgreen:

Re: Wher can I buy alternator belt RT1100rt

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:17 am
by omg1010
Railbender wrote:
Witch Doctor wrote:If he takes off his belt, how we keep his pants on!
Suspenders! :mrgreen:
Yeah in the good ol' days of the Volkswagen Beetle the woman of choice had to surrender her nylon pantyhose when the belt went south ...

Brgds
Oliver

Re: alternator belt RT1100rt

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:01 am
by CRazyCam
As above, even if the belt didn't fail! ;)

regards,CrazyCam