Yes, those are pretty small bolts.
That JB weld would probly work pretty good to adhere a small bolt into that hole.
I've read that a new O ring is recommended as the existing one can be swollen
from contact with the gas and can be difficult to seal.
Just for the sake of mentioning it -
being you have the tank off and apart, had you considered the external filter thing?
I did that to my 04 that I bought summer of 08 the first time I opened that up for
the filter.
Now I can change fuel filters with just a flat blade screwdriver without taking anything
else apart. With my luck, I had visions of stalling on the road someplace with a plugged
filter. No way to do that job alongside the road.
Here's my write-up - for inside the tank you can re-use the formed short hose and
substitute a short length of hard copper pipe for the filter. Replace all those crimp
type clamps both inside and outside with screw type efi clamps available at any
auto parts place. Being the hard copper replacing the filter won't have any bulges
on the ends to help prevent the hose from slipping off, I'd use 2 clamps on each end.
I did a loop with new hose inside the tank but doing it with the formed existing hose and
a short piece of copper would be easier. I just haven't changed my write-up.
The efi hose is 5/16", and make sure you get clamps that are small enuf to tighten down
real good on that size hose.
Also, you really want to consider the brass quick disconnects from BeemerBoneyard
on the gas lines if you don't have them. When I took mine apart that time, one crumbled.
I had already bought the brass disconnects as I didn't want any problems, and a new O ring.
I didn't want to have the bike apart for a long time waiting for parts.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dj2jjdyjlm0