Page 1 of 1

ive got a warped rear rotor

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:32 am
by 2002r1150r
so ive determined that i need to replace my rear rotor..where can i find a good used one or must i go to the dealer for a new one??? I know the rear is practical useless on my non-abs model but the pulsating feeling is really annoying when i do use it. thanks in advance :-k

Re: ive got a warped rear rotor

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:06 am
by boxermania

Re: ive got a warped rear rotor

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:15 am
by omg1010
01) http://www.beemerboneyard.com
02) http://myworld.ebay.com/ams_motor/
03) http://stores.shop.ebay.com/DEEP-6-AUCTIONS
04) http://myworld.ebay.com/engelandmoto
05) http://stores.shop.ebay.com/PinWall-Cycle-Parts-Inc
06) http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GSMESS-Bits

However rotors are not that expensive and I would suggest you get yourself some aftermarket rear rotor which is even cheaper than the one from your dealer. I would not buy a used rotor ...

Kind regards
Oliver

Re: ive got a warped rear rotor

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:52 am
by 2002r1150r
Thanks for the links....is there any interchangeability between these bikes or must I have a R1150R rotor?

Re: ive got a warped rear rotor

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:25 am
by harveyrawn
2002r1150r wrote:so ive determined that i need to replace my rear rotor
It can't be turned?

Re: ive got a warped rear rotor

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:26 pm
by 2002r1150r
harveyrawn wrote:
2002r1150r wrote:so ive determined that i need to replace my rear rotor
It can't be turned?
i doubt it and still keep it above the min thickness...i thought that was for only car rotors

Re: ive got a warped rear rotor

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:29 pm
by R4R&R
harveyrawn wrote:
2002r1150r wrote:so ive determined that i need to replace my rear rotor
It can't be turned?
Nope. At least I've never heard of anyone turning a motorcycle rotor. Usually it's a replace it kind of repair.