Page 1 of 1
where is the best place to get parts
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:55 am
by 2002r1150r
Ive read and enjoyed cyclerob's write up on spline lubing and I'm contemplating replacing my slave cylinder and lubing my splines as well, I was wondering if someone could direct me to a resource that sells a quality after market slave cylinder whats the best choice for 2002 r1150r?
Re: where is the best place to get parts
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:21 pm
by AndyRR
Not aware of any aftermarket slave cylinders. I wouldn't replace it unless it's bad anyway. By all means, check it and do Rob's mod.
When you have the transmission off and the splines cleaned, please post some pics of the splines along with your mileage.
Re: where is the best place to get parts
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:01 pm
by challey
I think you're pretty much SOL with respect to that kind of aftermarket part.
I second AndyRR's request for pictures (and narrative) of the job.
Charlie
Re: where is the best place to get parts
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:56 am
by 2002r1150r
challey wrote:I think you're pretty much SOL with respect to that kind of aftermarket part.
I second AndyRR's request for pictures (and narrative) of the job.
Charlie
Too bad..when i had my 96 ducati ss/sp i replaced the stocker with a billet yoyodyne piece that had a bigger bore...oh ya and also worked better and didnt leak...I was hoping that i could do the same for the beemer..oh well...
ill post some pics...maybe a video too...the job looks pretty straightforward...but BIG..those 4 pivot bolts looks to be the biggest pain in the ass.
hats off to cyclerob

his write up and pictures really put it in to perspective...i can see why this would be a huge$$$$ job if you dropped this off at the dealer.
Re: where is the best place to get parts
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:09 pm
by boxermania
Chicago BMW usually discount spare parts by 20%
Beemer boneyard sells used parts at a large discount,
www.beemerboneyard.com
I wouldn't buy a slave cylinder used.....good luck
Re: where is the best place to get parts
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:47 pm
by 2002r1150r
boxermania wrote:Chicago BMW usually discount spare parts by 20%
Beemer boneyard sells used parts at a large discount,
http://www.beemerboneyard.com
I wouldn't buy a slave cylinder used.....good luck
thxs..thats what i was looking for
