Ganga returns

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

gunga din
Basic User
Donating Member #: 2681

Ganga returns

Post by gunga din »

Let me commence by apologising for the motorcycle that enabled me to take these images, but because I had other obligations, my riding was reduced to short trips, so I simply hired local bikes.
All these images were taken in Uttaranchal India, or Uttarand, depending on which term is currently in vogue. I revisited this district for a few weeks between work commitments. Two years ago I had a head on collision with a four wheel drive in these mountains which ended my last tour of india on an Enfield. I'm not sure if this trivia qualifies as a Rippleys believe it or not, but after two years out of India, I actually came across my old bike which I had sold to another traveller. What are the odds of that?

Poor excuse for transport.

Yes it's drive on the left in india, however this is just one reason why there are so many accidents.

Himalayas in the distance

Muddy gunga

The town of Devaprayag

Near Kassar Devi

Near Jagaeshwar

Evening view

Drying saris

Autumn in the mountains

Fuel stop

Sunset on the Ganga
Possessions are usually diminished by possession. –Nietzsche
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Re: Ganga returns

Post by GypsyRR »

Nice photos again. The scenes are always so colorful there.
Did you buy your bike back?
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
gunga din
Basic User
Donating Member #: 2681

Re: Ganga returns

Post by gunga din »

Gypsy my situation was such, I couldn't even contemplate repurchasing the bike. However, in a country of say 1.5 billion people and so much transport, it did seem more then a little odd to run into it again. I found it resting in the rainbow cafe which is hidden in the back lanes of a small town. It reminded me of a line that Hermann Hesse wrote in Siddhartha..."everything returns Govind, just like the river, everything returns." India has a peculiar habit of speeding up the process, something Mr Lennon might have referred to as, instant karma.

Possessions are usually diminished by possession. –Nietzsche