Page 1 of 1

VIN Search

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:31 am
by snowprick
Can anyone advise me how to do a VIN search. So far all I can find on the internet relates to models destined for the US market.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the VIN could be checked thru BMW somehow.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:51 pm
by raybark

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:12 pm
by snowprick
raybark wrote:Have you checked here?

http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/bmwmodels.htm
Seems that there is no info for R1150R at this time on that site.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:28 pm
by frbank6

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:43 pm
by allanj255
Thats a good link fr, tried it and it was spot on and matched invoice from BMW UK

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:26 pm
by snowprick
frbank6 wrote:This may help:
http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi
Thanks frbank6,

That worked. During my research yesterday I was thrown off by the registration document quoting a "2" instead of a "Z" but we are in business now. :D :D :D

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:40 pm
by frbank6
Glad to help!