Page 2 of 4

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:53 am
by Lost Rider
I have a new one, it was made while visiting The Great Sand Dunes National Park a few days ago.

Image

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:10 pm
by deilenberger
ChiTown wrote:I have a new one, it was made while visiting The Great Sand Dunes National Park a few days ago.
Joe,

Cool! So you're back on the bike finally? Tour over?

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:18 pm
by Lost Rider
Negative, I just had 2 days off in Denver and was very lucky to be in between two winter storms for 600 miles of riding. January 5th I'm done touring.
I'm working on a little write up about the short but sweet and slightly scary adventure now... climbing Pike's Peak in December sure is interesting riding.
Look in ride reports real soon. :mrgreen:

cheers

joe

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:08 pm
by celticus
GypsyRR wrote:
celticus wrote:Image

In old Jefferson City Tennessee.
Mark

Great photo. lines and colors of the building set the bike off nicely.
Thank you Centurionette

Mark

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:01 pm
by MJB
Tr250Tom wrote:Image

Tom

What seat do you have there???

And I believe that is the BMW windshield? Does it work for you? If so, what is your height and inseam :-k :-k :-k
Not getting fresh... :badgrin: :badgrin: Just comparing to me...I'm 6"1" with a 34" leg...

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:06 pm
by Tr250Tom
Michael,

That's a BMW touring windshield frame with a Cee Bailey 18" screen. It works perfectly for me, but by "perfectly" I mean it keeps the wind off my chest and face without creating buffeting/turbulence under any conditions. I do not desire a screen that puts me in a bubble of still air, and this doesn't. The wind off the top of the screen hits me cleanly at eyebrow height at 60-70 mph, and there is a noticable but not objectionable increase in steady wind noise compared to the tiny "sport screen" that the bike came with. My head never gets pushed around by wind buffet, and the bike is not noticably sensitive to lateral gusts, even when following or passing trucks. I wear earplugs, but I ride with an open-face helmet in the summer.

The seat is a Rick Mayer, and I can't really recommend it. The workmanship is poor, and it was not built to fit me the way I requested. I gave up trying to get it fixed, because I never want to hear Rick Mayer's voice again. I've beat this to death on other threads, but my advice is if you can't go to Rick's shop and monitor the construction of the seat, find another supplier. I'll try Bill Mayer next time.

Not fresh at all: I'm 5'11", 195 pounds, with a 32" inseam.

Cheers, Tom

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:53 am
by celticus
Just playing around.
Image

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:25 am
by MJB
Your so clever.... :D :D

Not R1200R, but. . .

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:13 pm
by socalrob
Image

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:46 pm
by tobes
I went and sat on the Ducs down at the Long Beach moto show - very nice!

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:46 am
by LumpyCam
The last big ride of the fall:
Image

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:22 am
by Rrrr
My Dutch beauty! =D>

Willem

Image

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:46 am
by celticus
I would not mind having a Hypermotard or a KTM Super Duke. :smt109

Mark

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:52 am
by TT RDHS
8)

Image

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:29 pm
by celticus
A Super Duke is about the best sounding motorcycle I have ever heard. Better than a Duck.

Mark

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:46 pm
by r1200rforme
Image

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:08 pm
by Lost Rider
Great photo!
Nice first post, welcome to the Roadster forum!

-Joe



LumpyCam wrote:The last big ride of the fall:
Image

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:52 am
by celticus
Image

Re: Just One

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:41 am
by ka5ysy
ChiTown wrote:I like this one because it brings back great memories of a long ride on my Roadster, wearing the dirt from 13 states with pride.

Image


Could you please post some images of how you mount the Pelican case? TIA

Re: Post Your Favorite Pic

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:24 pm
by celticus
A nice day in East Tennessee.

Image