Hello

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

miserygit
Basic User

Hello

Post by miserygit »

Just a new member saying Hi.

I have an Edition 80 (no. 1673) and loving my first boxer so far.

It was a cheap eBay buy - cosmetically bad but mechanically good. (Woodscrews holding the turn indicator lenses on, etc.)

It's had an ABSectomy, but badly done so the speedo is no-worky. I'm fault finding my way through the bike, following Mr Sweatmark's excellent posts.

I do have a deadline to correct the faults and tidy the Fräulein up, so I WILL ask stupid questions more than once.

She is taking me a short distance across Europe at the beginning of June. Hopefully I'll get to see Trittenheim on the Mosel. I visited it last year on my Yamaha and I would like to see it again.

Looking forward to the craic.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
NorCalSaint
Basic User

Re: Hello

Post by NorCalSaint »

Welcome & good luck with getting her healthy again...
04 R1150r Rockster
Old - 02 Buell S3T, 02 Suzuki Bandit 1200s, 01 F650GS Dakar, 76 Suzuki TS250
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by riceburner »

Best of luck!
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Welcome to the group.

Happy to help with the ex-iABS speedometer fix. Did you receive the old iABS module with the bike?
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
miserygit
Basic User

Post by miserygit »

Thanks for the welcome.

The bike came fitted with a iABS controller though it was stamped from a R1150RT. I've obtained another one off eBay, from another RT, just in case the chip is fried (excuse the pun). The pump was still attached to the replacement controller, and when connected the pump cycled through the start-up procedure. My assumption is the replacement iABS controller is working correctly and just needs to be swapped. Time will tell.

I'm checking out the tight cable ties too, something I hadn't noticed before, and I'm not sure if the instrument wiring matches the legend put online a while ago.

Strangely, i'm enjoying the problem solving. Wish I had more time though.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.