Rockster Headlights? FNG Question....

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter
Basic User

Rockster Headlights? FNG Question....

Post by Hunter »

Just what IS the deal with the Rockster headlight arrangement? Do both lights come on in high beam mode? I won't get to see my new Rockster until probably mid December due to work travel. Just curious..... H
shards
Basic User

Re: Rockster Headlights? FNG Question....

Post by shards »

No, big one is dip, small one is main.
Hunter
Basic User

Post by Hunter »

shards wrote:No, big one is dip, small one is main.
Shards, thanks for the reply. Now.... would you translate that into 'Merican "English"? "Dip"? Low beam?

BTW, did a season in Antarctica in '02-'03 and LOVED NZ (except driving on the wrong freakin' side of the ROAD)...
REAL sad about Christchurch...... H
shards
Basic User

Post by shards »

As Churchill once said about the UK and the USA "Two countries separated by a common language". Large lens is low beam, small lens is high beam. Christchurch is slowly rising from the ashes but they are still having aftershocks. Let's face it, NZ is just one big (beautiful) volcano!!
rocky2ie
Basic User

Post by rocky2ie »

Hi guys, on low beam my left hand lamp, the big one is on and on high beam, full, both lamps are on. I'm using Osram H1 NIGHTBREAKER Plus Bulbs which are great. Cheers.
Hunter
Basic User

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the info and bulb tip. I can't WAIT till I get home from working in Brazil to see this thing, like some time before Christmas..... H
rockstercliff
Donating Member #: 0

Post by rockstercliff »

I have Piaa 1100X on the forks as at my age, 61, and eyesight the Rockster lights aren't nowhere near enough, piss poor really. The PIAA lights are wonderful, you may want to consider that also.
Hunter
Basic User

Post by Hunter »

rockstercliff wrote:I have Piaa 1100X on the forks as at my age, 61, and eyesight the Rockster lights aren't nowhere near enough, piss poor really. The PIAA lights are wonderful, you may want to consider that also.
RocksterCliff, won't those little halide or whatever thingie lights shown here on the lower forks help at all??? Hunter

rockstercliff

Post by rockstercliff »

Sorry didn't see those on your picture, yes they should help a great bit. I only meant that the normal headlights aren't that good in my opinion, but despite that issue, I love my Rockster.
omg1010
Basic User

Post by omg1010 »

Goodness me, isn't that ugly?

Brgds
Oliver
Grandpa ripper
Basic User

Post by Grandpa ripper »

I put Piaa 1100's on my K100RS in the same spot on the front calipers. They are awesome for 58 year old eyes! They make a big triangle with the headlight and people stay away from me! Run them all the time. Only challenge is the vibration seems to make the filaments go out sooner than they may have if mounted in a 'suspended' part of the bike.

They will go on my copper 2003 Rockster soon!