Beakster Bash IV - May 18-20, 2007 - Marlinton, WV

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

R4R&R
Basic User
Donating Member #: 293

Post by R4R&R »

Beemeridian wrote:...and has a Coke machine!
Which makes a great night-light if you're on that side of the showerhouse. Unless Camfarm is there - he unplugs the nightlight.

This time tomorrow I should be getting ready to leave. I'm planning on meeting Vann and maybe Jeff at Seneca Rocks around lunchtime (1:00PM-ish). If nobody's there, I'll eat then head towards Marlinton. See you thursday departers tomorrow. Safe riding!
John
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
mcollect
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by mcollect »

Is anybody coming down Rt 219 in Md. I'd love to travel along. I get lost in WVa all the time OK on pupose. If not where at Seneca are you meeting? That I always find, sort of. #301 746 6219
Michael
MG 78 LeMans
2002 R1150R
78 R100S
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Good luck guys....have a great bash....and ride safe everyone.

DJ
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by CycleRob »

I arrived at the Old Clark Inn about 8pm. Vann said beaver creek is closed and Boxer & Beemeridian went to the other one. It's supposed to be 40degF (4.4C) by morning (we're way up in the mountains) so I do not envy them at all. Vann decided to forgo the camping and he's staying in the Motel. I'm glad I brought my Ski overpants, Widder vest and left the GS handguards on.

Driving up here I kept thinking how the green, mountainous and stunning scenery got the name "God's Country". There's no other description. It rivals anything I've ever seen. I'm surprised there isn't more tourism than what is already here. The beautiful mountain scenery is just perfect for those who want to get away from it all. My wife would just melt if she saw how gorgeous the countryside is to the horizon in every direction. Pictures will have to do.

I made a minimalist tank mount bracket for my Casio Z-55 camera and at some point will at least take a few minute video of the roller coaster roads we'll be on for the next 2 days. It will be uploaded later to GigaSize.com for all to D/L.

Time for bed.
`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer

Post by CycleRob »

Just after my last post it started raining about midnight. It was still raining while we were eating the in-house breakfast. Vann & my roommate Jim (Honda 919) decided to ride in the rain and went out to brave the turns. Peggy, if you're reading this, Vann said he would take it easy because he didn't want to end up in a hospital. I wouldn't worry. They're both all weather riding maniacs.

Tomorrow's weather will be good and clearing is forecast for this evening. It's 12:52PM here now and the roads look about 30% dry spots with puddles here-and-there. The temp is 51F (10.6C) and full dark rain cloud scary.

Time to suit up and get some lunch. At least I didn't waste my time and posted in detail on the main board.
`09 F800ST

towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

Been sitting here at work impatiently waiting for the day to end. Can't wait to head out in the morning. Been watching the weather and it seems to be getting better by the hour. I have a 9am appt to get my front tire replaced and soon as that is done I'm on my way.

Had to get blessing (permission) from my lady yesterday. She put a requirement/stipulation on me. I'll tell you guys that later.

Hope to see you guys tomorrow!

Wayne
mcooperstein
Donating Member #: 2

i got here!...

Post by mcooperstein »

sitting here with a bunch of fellow beaksters eating dinner!! for all youse guys that couldn't get here this year...there's always next year! btw..the pork chops are great!

mark
scottybooj
Lifer

Post by scottybooj »

520 miles....the first 350 took as long as the last 170....RAIN from the beginning of W.Virginia till destination.

Heading up the mountains after Seneca Rocks...what do I see? Two things. One is snow on the ground and the road, the other is a group of R's taking a picture together. According to Vann, I was 'screaming by' so I put on the brakes and turned around to find Vann, Machew, Cam and Biff posing like a bunch of school girls for a picture! :lol: :P

So, now i'm nice and warm, and DRY, after a few brews, a stogie and some good conversation. The weather has been changing hourly. Looks like sun for manana!

Peace.
Scott
Black '50R
Long Island, NY
double-secret probationary lifetime member #311
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer

Post by CycleRob »

Here's a 37.9MB downloadable 2.5 minute long .AVI sample of what you missed. Just enter the pictured security code digits you see on the right side of the screen, click "download" and it's yours! This is, as you'll see, one of the roads, 219, that take you to our Motel. As luck would have it, this one was strewn with pebbles and sand, prolly from big trucks sloppily transporting it. The road between the wheel tracks is covered with that debris and it made for a challenging but ultimately accident and ticket free weekend. My group had a blast! Watch the subtle 2 wheel slide about 24 seconds into the video.

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-110072 ... arkInn.AVI

Cobgrats to ScottyBOOJ for the longest 2 wheel commute, 522miles (840Km]. Riding behind and then in front of me leading the group, his riding skills improved literally to pre amateur racer after 39.5psi (hot) rather than 27 psi (hot) was put in his front tire and a few turns more rear preload. We were pushing the safety envelope further than the promise I made to my wife and he handled it well. One of the many great guys in our group that became one big happy family for a weekend. We even had 3 Red Riders (Hondas) in our group. I hope everyone, including me, makes it home safe and sound, without incident.
`09 F800ST

Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Post by Beemeridian »

Home safe
Thanks for a great time all. My ride with Phil, Robert & Judy, and JB was superb. Even the dual purpose part
My first of hopefully many Bashes and a memory forever. :D
Most people don't do what's right, they do what's most convenient and then repent
2015 Honda PCX150
Arbreacames
Basic User

Post by Arbreacames »

Home safe II
Big thanks to MikeCam for another sensational Bash! WV was truly beautiful this weekend and I forgive he for the misery she poured on me on Friday on my way there.
Thanks Boxer for the great shirts.
Thanls CycleRob for the rides, the advices, the company, end especially the souvenir video above (just tell your wife that it plays faster than it should).
Thanks all for the great rides and good time!
Last edited by Arbreacames on Sun May 20, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Carlos D.
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Back in the barn! Phil and I rode the whole way from the Old Clark Inn to Asheville together until I waved him goodbye at my exit! The last run was a full tank of gas without stopping! He smelled home! :lol:

Great weekend! Glad to see the members I already knew again and it was cool to meet some of the ones I hadn't seen before.

Pictures will be downloaded tonight but editing and uploading will probably take a day or so!
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
machew01
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 345

Home safely.

Post by machew01 »

I had a fun ride home today. It was great to see all the Bash attendees! Let's do it again - but without the sn.... sn.... sn..., you know, the white stuff.

mac
CupOHemlock
Basic User

Post by CupOHemlock »

I am home safely as well. I posted in the Great Rides section as well.

COH (Rich)
Thunder Grey 2010 S1000RR "The Beast" (sold)
Metallic Red Apple 2011 R1200R
Member #494
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I got home about an hour ago. Another great weekend, even though I froze my a__ off on Friday at Seneca Rocks.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Post by MikeCam »

Home safely.
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

What? No stories? No tales? No lies? No bragging? No dirt?

:?
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
mcooperstein
Donating Member #: 2

Post by mcooperstein »

GypsyRR wrote:What? No stories? No tales? No lies? No bragging? No dirt?

:?
What happens at the bash, stays at the bash!

Gypsy, I guess you'll just *have* to come to the next one!!! Or...think about Hungry Mother in the fall... that's always fun!

Mark
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Ok..Fess up...Who dropped their bike in the car park...Surely someone did.. :D ...Glad there was no crashes..I had my fingers crossed for you guys.

DJ
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

My pictures have been downloaded and within a day or so I will put them on snugmug for everyone to see, with commentary. My preview of the pictures looks good!

Bash stories will have to be limited to ride reports, you know, " . . . stays at the Bash, yada yada . . ." but the reports should be good.

As far as we know DJ, no one had a throwdown (even a small one), although, my pictures will show, it was a distinct possibility in the snow! :shock:
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295