Check this out.. our beast in simulation form

The sexy K1200R!

Moderator: Moderators

CupOHemlock
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Check this out.. our beast in simulation form

Post by CupOHemlock »

A friend called me with this. The game is for the PS2 and will be out in April. The K1200R, S and R1200ST are in the mix along with a host of others.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/O ... 7502/Site/
Thunder Grey 2010 S1000RR "The Beast" (sold)
Metallic Red Apple 2011 R1200R
Member #494
big papa
Basic User

Post by big papa »

Very cool.
Bill
'07 R1200RT
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

I've ordered the euro version that is already out..it should arrive any day now.... http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?catego ... ts_id=7814&

It will have the full Nurbergring in every detail and all the other GT4 tracks..and I'm hoping that it might have the Isle of Man also..how cool would that be.

It's from the makers of 'Grand Turismo' so it has to be good...very good.

Yes...50yrs old next birthday and still just a big kid.. :D

DJ

CupOHemlock
Basic User

Post by CupOHemlock »

DJ,

I'm buying a PS2 just so I can try it out. They boast a very accurate physics model and the graphics are great.

Please let us know how it works out for you.

COH (Rich)
Thunder Grey 2010 S1000RR "The Beast" (sold)
Metallic Red Apple 2011 R1200R
Member #494
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Doug »

Looks great. Let us know how it is.

On a side note, for car enthusiasts the new TOCA Race Driver game is coming out soon for the ps2 http://www.codemasters.com/TocaRaceDriver2/. I think its more fun than Gran Tourismo.
Member #1
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Doug...I've had a demo disc of the new TOCA Race Driver for a few weeks now...it's good...but defiantly not the GT4 beater that they claim it to be.

The damage is very good..something GT4 doesn't have...but I'm more into graphics and it doesn't come close..IMHO.

Here's a screen shot...

Vs...GT4...

Check out this short GT4 vid (trailer) http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/gra ... ay=6108411

and Rich....I'll let you know what it's like...get yourself a PS2 and GT4...that's all you need.. :smt023

also...as far as great graphics go...check this out.. :shock:...how real looking is is.. :smt023

more info here... http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page= ... ODUCT-NEWS

DJ

DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Well I finally got my copy of Tourist Trophy in the mail...and put it straight on and had a go.

Just did a few laps of Laguna on the big Ducati 999...crashed about six times...heaps of fun...and very real looking....but not easy.

The graphics are incredible...the best part is how much the rider moves around on the bike...but I couldn't make him wheelie.

The same tracks as GT4...unless there's something special to unlock...watching the replay of yourself is great..although a bit embarrassing.

Just did a quick lap of New York on the 600 Kawa...they seem to have the sound of the bikes spot on.

DJ
Doug
Site Admin
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Doug »

DJ, just played TOCA, You're right. Its not that great.
Member #1
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Just found that Tourist Trophy has the Catalunya track...that's not on GT4.

and just worked out how to wheelie...and do stoppies... :D

Doug..nothing comes close to Grand Turisno 4...even the new Gotham Racing 3 is nowhere near as good.

There is a new Grand Turismo Vision game (GT5) coming out for the new Playstation 3... :shock:

There's a great short vid of it here on this site... http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/gra ... e=previews

and here's a still from the game.

DJ

dwayne
Lifer

GOT TO HAVE IT!

Post by dwayne »

I don't even own a game system of any kind, but as soon as I saw this post..eBay..PS2 won, and now I have the game at Best Buy waiting for me to come pick it up :lol:

My justification for buying a PS2 and this game: it has a K1200R, and I'm getting a K12R...and I won't have it 'till next Spring, soooooooo here's my chance to rev the crap out of it AND not damage it :lol:
'05 R 1150 R Dark Ferro, with blacked out motor Member # 507
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Hey Dwayne..You might want to set up a big fan on top of the telly to make it even more real.. :D

Get yourself GT4 (Grand Turismo 4)...You can buy it new now for about $10..and it's heaps better than Tourist Trophy.

I'm playing FFXII (Final Fantasy 12) now...this game is HUGE.. :shock:

Also any Spyro the Dragon or Ratchet and Clank games are good.

99% of the games out there are crap IMO.....I bought the new SuperBike 07 game..I only had it a day and took it back it was so bad..(swapped for FFXII).

I think you will have to win the bike to get it..That means racing another rider and beating him..I found this the best part of the game and have won all the bikes.

Shift work can be good sometimes.. :wink:

DJ
dwayne
Lifer

Post by dwayne »

Thanks DJ. I just went back to eBay and bought GT4 8) You are starting to cost me a lot of coin. :lol: Find me s stuffed animal K 1200 R and I'll buy it! LOL
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Thanks DJ. I just went back to eBay and bought GT4
Good one....Start with the license's...It's the best way to start off.

I've been playing it for years and I'm still only at about 85%..but then I have all gold cups in the license tests and races..so..er..maybe I should say no more.. :wink:

Oh yeah..just one more tip for you...Don't have the car in view on the screen..the best view is looking out of the screen with the rearview mirror above.

DJ
dwayne
Lifer

Post by dwayne »

DJ Downunder wrote:I've been playing it for years and I'm still only at about 85%..but then I have all gold cups in the license tests and races..so..er..maybe I should say no more.. :wink: ...
Oh, here's a question: how do you save your game state? By that I mean how do you save past accomplishments on a game system? I know how it works on a PC, or Mac, but on a game system like PS2, or XBOX how do they store your history or do I need to purchase something to store everyting on? I have a PS2 Slim machine coming by Post if that helps. I don't expect that to show up for about a week though.
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

If the PS2 does not come with it..you will need a memory card..one card is enough..you can use one card for about 10 different games..they're cheap.

There are aftermarket cards that work fine and are cheaper..but I prefer the genuine Sony ones.

DJ

OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Hey DJ, your http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?catego ... ts_id=7814&
It is out of business. It looks like the Londoners have clamped down on em'. :cry: No, just SONY! :twisted:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Bugger!

DJ