Parting is such bitter sweet sorrow

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

Shakey
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 961

Parting is such bitter sweet sorrow

Post by Shakey »

Mea Culpa!

As mentioned herehttp://www.r1200r.org/board/viewtopic.p ... c8e7ad2ebf, I took my R on an 80 mile one way trip yesterday to Motorrad in Dundee where they have given a good trade-in price against a GS LC TE.

I'd spend the week removing farkles so the bike was totally standard and whilst it was a gloriously enjoyable ride through the Aberdeenshire rural roads with their coating of mud and diesel (PR4s are excellent tyres!), the ride position wasn't as comfortable as I would like following my Hip operation.

The new bike will arrive 1st April (pause for jokes) but I reckon I'll hand around on this site as an interloper if you don't mind.

Enjoy the new biking season and stay safe out there.

Oh, and for the UK based folk - keep an eye on the for sale section ;-)
Martin
Pas D'elle yeux rhone que nous!
dbrick
Lifer
Donating Member #: 902

Re: Parting is such bitter sweet sorrow

Post by dbrick »

Martin,

You're too hard on yourself. I think mea culpa isn't appropriate: there's no fault or irrresponsibility here, you're just taking care of your creaking joints so that you can continue to ride.

Ride on! I say, and happy to have you hang around even 'tho you're on a different machine.
David Brick
Santa Cruz CA
2007 R1200R
priors: R50, R50, R69, R69S, R65, FJ1200, K75S, R1100RSL