Well, I bit the bullet.

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

spoon
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Well, I bit the bullet.

Post by spoon »

2004 Rock with 55,000 miles. I pulled the injectors and had them cleaned and flow matched. The originals were in better shape than I thought they would be. Then added the XIED. I have run a tank of fuel through it and there is no doubt it runs smoother and takes throttle in a more refined manner. I did not reset the motornic so I think it is still teaching it self. I live at 6800 ft. and I think the cold start has it running rich so my moring commute has used more fuel that before the upgrade. We have been having cool mornings lately and my ride is 7 miles so it's not getting up to operating temp. This week I have a trip and I expect the milage to be close to the old lean running herly jerky of pre upgrade. I left the XIED at the factory setting. After this trip I may adjust for a leaner setting. We will see if the motronic can figure out the altitude and make toe propper adjustments.
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Re: Well, I bit the bullet.

Post by sweatmark »

Congrats on the XIED. My own Rockster install has proven more than satisfactory; running it at 7 with subjective improvements in low RPM throttle response and mid-RPM power.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
spoon
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Well, I bit the bullet.

Post by spoon »

Update. I went 500 miles today and my milage is not any less than before the XIED install, as far as I can tell. The trip went from 7000 feet to 4000 feet and back. 95% open road. There is still a little surging at no load - low speed conditions. BUT, the overall drivability is much improved over stock. I am going to leave the setting at 7 and call it good.