NEED A LAUGH TODAY?

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

peels
Basic User

NEED A LAUGH TODAY?

Post by peels »

Stopped in at the chain auto parts store. "advance" for some supplies, thought hey, just for giggles, I'd see if they had a line on a battery, maybe save some time...

Of course, nothing exists for my bike. But we waited a sec for the manager to help me. While waiting, I make the familiar jest "damned germans" that I always say when talking about working on this bike. I also did this when working on my VW's. Not a new thing for me. Its a therapy. When theres 40 bolts where there could be one, and when there's ONE when that requires a special tool, where there SHOULD be 40, that's german engineering.

The associate(whom we'll call "Lil Adolph" for this story, wears a swastika tattoo on his left forearm), replies: "german? no those are british, BMW's are made in england"

Now. Imagine the blank stare I'm giving the guy.

ME: "uhhhhh no....they're German"

Lil adolph: "hmm always thought the 'B' stood for british, well you learn something every day" was looking at his screen for a minute. I BELIEVE he was googling. :lol:

i am still bewildered. Youd think....AT LEAST... the history of the origin of the swastika would give him some insight into Automotive Brands that originate in Germany.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.