nitron shocks

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

dbdicker
Basic User

nitron shocks

Post by dbdicker »

Meant to post on this several times, but i've installed a set of nitron sport shocks to my 04 R1150r and they are a revelation over the stockers.

Not my first rodeo in suspension upgrades, i've owned four other BMW's and had ohlins on two of them installed as well as have experience with the sachs stockers on the older oilheads and the ESA system from an 08 RT and 10 KGT i've owned. Why i came back to the simpler R is another thread, but the first thing i did when i bought it is look for aftermarket suspension, by far the most worthwhile upgrade i've found to do....

With Ohlins experience (no Wilbers) i knew what i'd get there, but Ohlins upgrades on a 10 year old bike seemed excessive money and the quality of the new Nitron stuff seemed equivalent...

And then some. What impressive kit. Perfect installation, and absolutely custom dialled in for me right out of the box. Adjustability is a $400 option and your call, but i'm finding it totally unnecessary. The sport shock is manually adjustable for preload and damping, but every time i make an adjustment, i tend to push it right back to the factory set up after a couple hundred miles.....they know what they're doing.

At about $1200 the pair, that's about 800 less than an ohlins set up and pak-meister.com gave me free shipping on it, although im not sure you'll get that deal too.

But real nice people there and they're selling some fantastic shocks tbat IMHO are at least as good as the pricier Dutch stuff....prolly even better....and better set up for you.