Rockster Service Manual PAPER Genuine BMW

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

mambopalace
Basic User

Rockster Service Manual PAPER Genuine BMW

Post by mambopalace »

I have been searching for a Genuine BMW PAPER Service Manual, R1150R specifically ROCKSTER.
Does anyone have any info on where to find one?
Thanks,
Rich
[email protected]
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Re: Rockster Service Manual PAPER Genuine BMW

Post by sweatmark »

mambopalace wrote:I have been searching for a Genuine BMW PAPER Service Manual, R1150R specifically ROCKSTER.
Such an item has yet to be discovered.

The common advice is to combine info from R1150R service fiche with Haynes and SLP (if you're digging deep into electrical), and use your powers of deduction to figure out the Rockster's parts bin components, e.g. R1100S instruments and GS-esque headlight.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
mambopalace
Basic User

Post by mambopalace »

sweatmark wrote:
mambopalace wrote:I have been searching for a Genuine BMW PAPER Service Manual, R1150R specifically ROCKSTER.
Such an item has yet to be discovered.

The common advice is to combine info from R1150R service fiche with Haynes and SLP (if you're digging deep into electrical), and use your powers of deduction to figure out the Rockster's parts bin components, e.g. R1100S instruments and GS-esque headlight.
OK, thanks. That's what a thought.
Anyone have success with finding a workshop CD?
kirby
Donating Member #: 3

Post by kirby »

I've had my rock since new ('04) and used a clymer manual and the BMW sourced CD (ugh). Also the parts fiche like A&S BMW.
Been into it pretty deep and have made out fine..but your sort of on your own with weird stuff and the forum is the best source for pesky things.

Have fun.
mike
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER
NorCalSaint
Basic User

Post by NorCalSaint »

I have a PDF that is 95 pages. (R1150r w/ABS) 17MB
&
A PDF of the original 2003 BMW R1150r brochure

The Manual covers;
- Maintenance schedule
- Pre-Delivery Check
- Service Data
- Tightening torque
- Table Of Operating Fluids
- Maintenance
- Brakes

I have not used it yet because I have only had teh Rockster for 2mo, but it seems to cover all the normal mantenace items...

Here is the list from the "mantenance section"
Contents Page
Key to maintenance intervals ...........................................................................27
Reading the BMW MoDiTeC fault code memory .......................................................27
(Inspections I, II, III and IV)
[Integral ABS] Performing bleed test with BMW MoDiTeC ...........................................27
Changing engine oil, replacing oil filter element ......................................................28
Changing the transmission oil ...........................................................................29
(Inspections III and IV)
or at least every 2 years
Changing the oil in the rear wheel drive ................................................................29
(Inspections I, III and IV)
Every 40,000 km (24,000 miles) or at the latest every 2 years
Replacing fuel filter .......................................................................................30
(Inspection III)
In normal operating conditions every 40,000 km (24,000 miles); if fuel quality is poor every
20,000 km (12,000 miles)
Checking battery fluid level and topping up if necessary; cleaning and
greasing the battery terminals ...........................................................................32
(Inspections III and IV)
Replacing intake air filter element ......................................................................32
(Inspection III)
In very dirty and dusty operating conditions, replace every 10,000 km (6,000 miles) or even more
frequently if necessary
Replacing poly-V belt .......................................................................................33
(Inspection III)
every 60,000 km (36,000 miles)
[Without Integral ABS] Checking brake fluid level ......................................................34
(Inspections II and III)
Front brake ..................................................................................................34
Rear brake ...................................................................................................34
[Integral ABS] Checking brake fluid level ................................................................35
(Inspections II and III)
Front brake ..................................................................................................35
Rear brake ...................................................................................................35
00 Maintenance
Contents Page
Checking brake system for correct operation and freedom from leaks;
repairing/replacing if necessary ..........................................................................35
(Inspection III)
Checking brake pads and discs for wear/replacing .....................................................35
(Inspections II and III)
Checking front brake pad wear ............................................................................35
Checking rear brake pad wear .............................................................................36
Checking brake disc wear ..................................................................................36
Replacing brake pads, front brake ........................................................................37
Replacing brake pads, rear brake .........................................................................38
[Without Integral ABS] Changing brake fluid and bleeding
the brake system ...........................................................................................39
Change the brake fluid annually
(Inspection IV)
[Without Integral ABS]
Bleeding/changing brake fluid in front system ...........................................................39
[Without Integral ABS]
Bleeding/changing brake fluid in rear system .............................................................40
[Integral ABS] Changing/bleeding brake fluid in wheel circuit ...........................................42
Change brake fluid in wheel circuit once a year
(Inspection IV)
[Integral ABS]
Bleeding/changing brake fluid in front wheel circuit ......................................................42
[Integral ABS]
Bleeding/changing brake fluid in front wheel circuit ......................................................46
[Integral ABS] Changing/bleeding brake fluid in control circuit ..........................................50
Change brake fluid in control circuit every 2 years
(Inspection IV)
[Integral ABS]
Bleeding/changing brake fluid in front control circuit .....................................................50
[Integral ABS]
Bleeding/changing brake fluid in rear control circuit .......................................................52
Checking clutch operating fluid level .........................................................................53
(Inspections II and III)
Changing the clutch fluid ......................................................................................54
(Inspection IV)
at least every 2 years
Checking tightness of rear wheel studs ......................................................................55
(Inspection I)
Contents Page
Checking rear wheel bearing play by tilting wheel ..........................................................55
(Inspection III)
Checking swinging arm bearings, adjusting if necessary ..................................................55
(Inspections I and III)
Greasing the side stand pivot ................................................................................55
(Inspections I, II and III)
Checking function of side stand contact switch ............................................................55
Checking/replacing spark plugs ...............................................................................55
(Inspection II) check/(Inspection III) replace
Tightening cylinder heads .....................................................................................56
(Inspection I)
Checking/adjusting valve clearances ........................................................................56
Checking throttle cable freedom of movement, checking for chafes
and kinks, replacing if necessary, checking throttle cable play
Checking/adjusting idle speed and throttle valve synchronization .......................................57
Final inspection with road safety and functional check ....................................................59
Road safety check
Roadworthiness check
04 R1150r Rockster
Old - 02 Buell S3T, 02 Suzuki Bandit 1200s, 01 F650GS Dakar, 76 Suzuki TS250
kirby
Donating Member #: 3

Post by kirby »

Just my opinion but I have the CD of that manual and I have found the clymer manual much better with more and better pictures and information.

I have not used the Haynes so have no idea what its like.

The Beemer manual is fustrating to say the least. (understatement).

mike
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER