2014 Calendar

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

deilenberger
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Re: 2014 Calendar

Post by deilenberger »

Ordered - thanks much to Joe for putting this together. There is a blank spot on my wall with the nail already waiting for it (where last year's calendar hung..)
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!
Catchina
Lifer
Donating Member #: 998

Post by Catchina »

Lost Rider wrote:It's done!

I went for another ride this weekend but have finally finished it. Hey, it was in the 80's here in perfect California, too good to pass up!

You can choose the start month when ordering if you want to start Feb. 1st....

There is a small markup on the calendar which the proceeds will go to Doug to help keep the site going, so buy a few of them and give them as gifts, not only will people like it but you're helping keep this place running!

Thank you everyone for contributing, keep your camera with you and take lots of photos for next years!

Order Here:

http://www.cafepress.com/r1200rorg.1234182528

Cheers!
Thanks for putting the calendar together! So how do I order, the link is not working?
2011 R1200R RED
1996 Virago XV 750
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer

Post by deilenberger »

Catchina wrote: Thanks for putting the calendar together! So how do I order, the link is not working?
Link worked fine for me..
Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

Post by Lost Rider »

Stand by everyone... I just got an email from cafe press stating that they have flagged the photos in the calendar as being against their copyright policy. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've put in a call to them and am waiting to hear back, the email said any orders placed might be cancelled.
Needless to say I'm livid and frustrated. Something changed this year, it took me all day to get it together, the saved design kept disappearing and I wasn't able to get it into the store. I uploaded all the photos probably 10 times... Now this.
While waiting for them I'm going to look for another service to get this done....
I will post up as soon as I fix it.

Sorry for the delay.
Get Lost!
Lost Rider
Basic User

Post by Lost Rider »

From Cafe Press:

Dear Joe,

Thank you for contacting CafePress.com!

I'm sorry, however your images were pended because of the use of the image of the motorcycle in your design. We have received many notices from auto manufacturers that there may be an issue with portrayal of their vehicles on merchandise without authorization (trade dress). We take such issues seriously, and for this reason automobile designs may be reviewed more stringently. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused for you. For more information please see our Content Usage Policy at the below link.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/i ... e=cup.aspx

Now I'm pissed, this is BS to say the least. Trade Dress under the Lanham Act has nothing to do with what we're doing here. I (we) own the rights to these photos and we don't need permission from anyone besides the photographer to make and sell calendars.

Searching for another vendor...
Last edited by Lost Rider on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get Lost!
Catchina
Lifer

Post by Catchina »

That's nuts, there was no problem with the 2013 calendar. Trade Dress, seriously, are they saying that BMW would object to showing off our bikes on a calendar?

What is Trade Dress?
Trade dress can function as a trademark and is used to identify the goods of a party in the marketplace. For instance, trade dress can be the shape of a Coca Cola bottle or the shape of a classic Volkswagen Beetle car.

Several BMW pictures in this calendar...
http://www.cafepress.com/+pashnit_forum ... ,332454383
2011 R1200R RED
1996 Virago XV 750
Lost Rider
Basic User

Post by Lost Rider »

I know, it's crazy... cafe press has THOUSANDS of MC calendars for sale on their site.

http://www.cafepress.com/+motorcycles+calendars

I've responded to them in a lengthy email and am waiting to hear back.
Get Lost!
RGC1248
Lifer

Post by RGC1248 »

Maybe the name of the calendar..... All the other calendars are fairly generic names; ours is model (read brand) specific. My guess..... Either way, thanks for enduring, Finn.
-Rafa, Virginia
'07 R12R
'14 FLHTK
Newportcycle
Basic User

Post by Newportcycle »

Unfortunately one does not need run foul of the law to be drawn into litigation, some companies are very agressive in brand protection. Im not saying this is the case, just saying. Small business owners have little choice as its cheaper to comply than hire a lawyer and fight.
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer

Post by deilenberger »

BS..

Total BS..

Look at: http://www.cafepress.com/+pashnit_forum ... ,332433897 - I believe April is one of Joe's photos... and there are quite recognizable BMW's in several of the photos used.
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer

Post by deilenberger »

And oddly enough - I just received an email from Cafe Press telling me my calendar was printed and shipped.

Sure sign of an organization that needs organization.
arp
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1124

Post by arp »

I'm guessing the close up photo of the tank showing the BMW roundel and "R1200R" logo crossed some boundary. Thanks for your efforts Joe.
Alex
'17 R1200GSA, 3k mi
'14 R1200RT, 27k mi
'12 R1200R Classic, 42k mi (traded)
Lost Rider
Basic User

Post by Lost Rider »

I don't have a lot of time to start with a new company right now so I'm trying a different route. Taking advantage of their obvious disorganization... lol

Try ordering one of these...
It's our calendar, the same as the one in my store, but it's not in my store and with no markup.

I hate to give them the business, but for those wanting to get their yearly calendar it's the best I can do quickly. While cafe press has a very questionable and inconsistent content policy, they do have great customer service when it comes to orders, there's been a few issues with merchandise orders of mine over the years and they always made it right and right quickly. I wouldn't be concerned with getting the product you want from them.

SEE POSTS BELOW FOR CURRENT LINK PLEASE

The only response I've gotten was in reference to the many other similar calendars for sale on their site:

Thank you for contacting CafePress.com!

As you may know, CafePress.com provides an automated service to a rich and vibrant community of international users. Unfortunately, because our service is automated, sometimes content that is not consistent with our Content Usage Policy is posted on CafePress.com. We appreciate that you have brought this content to our attention.

Your ticket code is LTK1117603111923X. Please use this code in any further communication.

Best Regards,
Last edited by Lost Rider on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get Lost!
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer

Post by deilenberger »

Mine (ordered on the original setup that Joe had) arrived today, and it's hanging in it's spot of honor over my desk. A quite handsome calendar.. one especially good photo in it :)

Get yours today - no matter how you have to order it.
Catchina
Lifer

Post by Catchina »

deilenberger wrote:Mine (ordered on the original setup that Joe had) arrived today, and it's hanging in it's spot of honor over my desk. A quite handsome calendar.. one especially good photo in it :)

Get yours today - no matter how you have to order it.
January :mrgreen:
I'll try to order mine tonight if the new link works.
2011 R1200R RED
1996 Virago XV 750
MTBeemer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1043

Post by MTBeemer »

I cannot get either to work.
Kevin Huddy
Intrepid Incompetent
Canyon Creek, MT
Team Pterodactyl Montana Outpost
Lost Rider
Basic User

Post by Lost Rider »

Looks like Don has the very limited edition calendar... :mrgreen:

I just uploaded and made another one, not in anyones store, the link should be good for a few days at least, order them now!
As long as you see the montage picture on the calendar when ordering, it's ours and good to go!

Sorry for all the trouble this has caused, I started the calendar in Feb so we don't waist a month....

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/p ... 1248847235
Get Lost!
Catchina
Lifer

Post by Catchina »

Lost Rider wrote:Looks like Don has the very limited edition calendar... :mrgreen:

I just uploaded and made another one, not in anyones store, the link should be good for a few days at least, order them now!
As long as you see the montage picture on the calendar when ordering, it's ours and good to go!

Sorry for all the trouble this has caused, I started the calendar in Feb so we don't waist a month....

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/p ... 1248847235
Starts in Feb? Is the Jan photo moved out to Jan 2015 so it is still has 12 months?
I ask because the Jan pic is from my Colorado trip :D
2011 R1200R RED
1996 Virago XV 750
Lost Rider
Basic User

Post by Lost Rider »

Yes
Get Lost!
MTBeemer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1043

Post by MTBeemer »

New link worked. Have on on the way. Thank you.
Kevin Huddy
Intrepid Incompetent
Canyon Creek, MT
Team Pterodactyl Montana Outpost