shocks

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

razz
Basic User

shocks

Post by razz »

hey people how are we all in the land of motorcycleing? got a question for those that know; is the rear shock on the rockster the same as the 1150rt, as in length and mounting points? would they have the same valveing and damping? if anybody knows this information could you pass it on, as it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers.
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: shocks

Post by riceburner »

Don't know about the RT, but IIRC it's the same part number as that listed for the R80R of the same series.

Best way to check is to compare part numbers on the fiche websites.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
razz
Basic User

Post by razz »

thanks riceburner, I was in contact with Ikon Shocks who used to be Koni Shocks and the only shock they do for the R1150 is the RT shock. They said they could build a shock to the same specification as the Rockster if I sent the original to them. Just wondering if it would be worth sending front and rear shocks and getting them both made :-k Dont know what it would cost but of the shelf they are comparable to YSS shocks and they are made here in Australia.

Cheers Razz
TheHeretic
Basic User

Post by TheHeretic »

Hi

Im having a pair of shocks built for me for my R1150R by "hyperpro" http://www.hyperpro.com might be worth a look