K1200R image gallery: Let's see your bike!

The sexy K1200R!

Moderator: Moderators

utzguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by utzguy »

You suck! :wink: I need to get some cool picks of mine. I took the scenic route to San Antonio this weekend, but never found a good place to stop. Actually, I kind of missed a turn and didn't take quite the route I planned, so I think I missed the best views/roads.
DEU
rivi7777
Basic User

Sierras

Post by rivi7777 »

We wanted to squeeze one more ride over the passes - Tioga and Sonora - this year. It didn't happen as they closed the morning we departed. We decided to play on "this side" of Yosemite instead. Middle of the week and this time of year meant traffic was almost non existent. Fantastic roads and scenery!

Here's one of my favs:

On Wednesday evening we met a group of enduro riders at Shaver Lake. In their midst was a HP2. Turns out they were from one of the cycle rags. They we pretty tight lipped, but mentioned to look out for the February issue. The rider of the HP2 had a huge grin!

rick

Post by rick »

DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Good pics rick...nice bike...is that you with the long black hair and grey T-shirt?

DJ

Post by Guest »

DJ Downunder wrote:Good pics rick...nice bike...is that you with the long black hair and grey T-shirt?

DJ
hi DJ

Yes! that's me.
I have been here couple times
for get info about KR before buy it!

I"m not English speaker
can read but bad to talk

:oops: :oops: :oops: :D
scottybooj
Lifer

Post by scottybooj »

hi rick, are you 'voodoo pilot' who used to post here?

my brother-in-law is living in Hualien and my family is visiting him next week in Taipei.

can you suggest some REALLY good restaurants?

he has a bike too, but it's a little 175cc with a mount for his surfboard!!!
Scott
Black '50R
Long Island, NY
double-secret probationary lifetime member #311
elementfmfl
Basic User

Post by elementfmfl »

[b]UTZGUY....Help saw your Napolean Bar ends, look excellent! I just picked my bike up and was going to buy a set of the Napoleans and the dealer said there was no way they would fit.. any chance I could get you to write how you mounted them here, and also if there was any modifcation needed? Looks like you just drop the insert off of the napolean and put the bar end weight screw throught the naploean and back into the bar end weight? Any help would be greatly appreciated!![/b]
utzguy
Basic User

Post by utzguy »

Pretty easy, really.

They go on outside the bar weights. Use the longer bolts that come with the Napoleans. Don't use the rubber mounts. The tube on the mirror that would go into the rubber mount has to be trimmed. Just use a hacksaw to cut it short enough that it doesn't bottom in the hole in the end of the weight. Then run the bolt through the mirror, the weight, and into the threaded end of the bar. Hope this makes sense, but I will try to post pictures.

You do have to make sure they are tight enough. My right mirror blew loose once. It didn't come off, but it's not much use flapping in the breeze.
DEU
elementfmfl
Basic User

Post by elementfmfl »

Thanks alot! I was hoping it was something that simple I will be picking up the mirrors todat and will hopefully be able to post some picks by tomorrow, cant wait to get tehat changed, the bike is so much better looking without those damn lollypops!
elementfmfl
Basic User

Post by elementfmfl »

Thanks for the help, got the mirrors, mounted them in about 1/2 hour and the difference is awesome. I even see behind better! Now can anyone tell me how to load a pic up on this site? Thanks