Sold my bike

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

rdsmith3
Lifer
Donating Member #: 74

Sold my bike

Post by rdsmith3 »

After 9.5 years of ownership (I am the original owner) I sold my 2002 R1150R. I never thought that would happen, but it did, for a variety of reasons. I do not plan to be without a bike forever, but I am for now.

I sold it to new member Radek, so welcome him.
Bob
2002 Atlanta Blue
Lifetime Member #74
sjbmw
Donating Member #: 263

Re: Sold my bike

Post by sjbmw »

End of an era. (Can we expect the garage goodie cleanup soon?)
Freedom is dangerous. Those in power that steal freedom are more dangerous.
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

We'll miss you.

Not many of our original crew left anymore!
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
rdsmith3
Lifer

Post by rdsmith3 »

sweatmark wrote:We'll miss you.

Not many of our original crew left anymore!
I'm not leaving this forum.

I sold my bike with accessories, so no large sale of items. I'll have a few things for sale.
Bob
2002 Atlanta Blue
Lifetime Member #74
wismith
Basic User

Post by wismith »

rdsmith3 wrote:After 9.5 years of ownership (I am the original owner) I sold my 2002 R1150R. I never thought that would happen, but it did, for a variety of reasons. I do not plan to be without a bike forever, but I am for now.
Sometimes things change and there's nothing horrible about that. Are you planning a new one?
rdsmith3
Lifer

Post by rdsmith3 »

wismith wrote:
rdsmith3 wrote:After 9.5 years of ownership (I am the original owner) I sold my 2002 R1150R. I never thought that would happen, but it did, for a variety of reasons. I do not plan to be without a bike forever, but I am for now.
Sometimes things change and there's nothing horrible about that. Are you planning a new one?
Yes, but not right away.
Bob
2002 Atlanta Blue
Lifetime Member #74
Radek
Lifer

Post by Radek »

Thanks Robert!! If you are interested in buying a new toy, I have my FJR1300A for sale ... can be had now or in spring.

Made few trips in the cold to NYC to work. The BMW touring windshield doesn't cut it :-( So, got a Cal Sci 22" shield. Will try that to see if it's any better.

btw. the nautilus came loose. Now temporarily bracketed it the front fork cantilevers.

Enjoying the bike. Thanks for all the built-in goodies, especially the bright hi-beam activated rounds! Gets cagers' attention!!
iowabeakster
Quadruple Lifer

Post by iowabeakster »

I saw the post in the buy/sell section, and was hoping that you would be forced to keep it... ;) I know you didn't sell it without good reason, but it's still kinda sad to see a real long-timer have to move on.

Welcome Radek.
I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray...
wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

There are still a few of the original crew around! Bob, was sorry to see you sell the bike but I know all good things come to an end. I was disappointed to miss the Bash this year since you showed up for some of it. Was looking forward to meeting you finally. Maybe this year's event on a new bike! ;)

Meanwhile, my '02 is still rolling. Only 65K on it. While I have 'lusted in my heart' for other rides, in the long run, it still makes me smile on rides and is paid for, so I have about decided to shoot for 100K with it!

Stick around and let us know when you are back on two wheels.
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
diethornig
Basic User

Post by diethornig »

Are you taking cool off? :mrgreen: