My BMW Santiago Jacket Arrived!

All other motorcycle related topics go in here." However, DO NOT post ANY messages that are related to politics or religion in here. They will be erased. Thanks!

Moderator: Moderators

Xdot
Donating Member #: 0

My BMW Santiago Jacket Arrived!

Post by Xdot »

Just got my brand spankin' new BMW Santiago jacket in the mail. Honey and yellow in color. I am stunned by the quality. I've been wearing a Cortech jacket all summer. I knew it wasn't the best. I just didn't know how bad it was. Honestly, I don't think I have ever owned a garment, of any kind, of this quality. This is not some POS churned out in a Chinese sweatshop. Sure, it was expensive, I think $599 originally or something like that. I reluctantly paid well less than half that on Ebay, but now that it's here, I feel like I stole the thing. Got to find me a pair of the Santiago riding pants now! (Honey/Yellow 32" waist...)

The only downside to the jacket is that I'm sick at home with a dad-gum sinus infection today!!!! :smt086
2017 Husqvarna 701
2007 Husqvarna TE250
2004 BMW Rockster
MIXR
Basic User

Re: My BMW Santiago Jacket Arrived!

Post by MIXR »

Had one for a couple of years and many thousands of miles. Loved the fit and waist belt, but couldn't get used to the pockets.

Eventually replaced it with a Rally Pro jacket which siuts my needs better, but stayed with the old Santiago pants as they are far better for touring, fit and looks than the Rally Pro pants. Don't forget that you will need the liner for the Santiago gear. Not standard like the Rally Pro.

The Rally Pro 3 stuff is terrible!
I ride an R1150GS Adventure with sidecar. IBA #39193
Xdot

Re: My BMW Santiago Jacket Arrived!

Post by Xdot »

If this jacket is an indication of the quality of all BMW protective clothing then I'm going to save my pennies and buy nothing but BMW Motorrad from now on. It was well worth the wait, waiting for it to pop up on eBay. I even haggled with the seller and got it for $50 less than the listed price! No bids after two weeks gives you some leverage. I've done this several times now and have always found the seller willing to deal if you make a reasonable offer.

Anyway, I finally got to ride and wear the new Santiago this morning. Last week was in the 100's and I drove my air-conditioned cage. The first part of this week introduced us to a tropical storm named Lee. Eight inches of rain from Sunday afternoon to last night. This morning was 60 degrees and overcast. My favorite weather, and perfect for the Santiago. All I can say, and I tell my wife this from time to time though she scoffs at the notion, "You get what you pay for." The enjoyment of riding, as well as the safety, increases as the quality of your gear goes up. Any time you're distracted by deficient gear, or you're screwing with the fit, is an instant you aren't paying attention. And all it takes is an instant. I've got to find me a pair of Santiago pants, now. Anyone have any in a 32" waist? Preferably tan, that they want to get rid of???

John
2017 Husqvarna 701
2007 Husqvarna TE250
2004 BMW Rockster