I'M STILL ALIVE

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

jb44
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Re: I'M STILL ALIVE

Post by jb44 »

Wayne,

Glad to hear you are still with us, but wish the news was better.

I had my own extended stay in the hospital last year, and it is certainly no fun.

Sounds like you are in good hands.

Wishing you continued improvement.

If there is anything we can do to make your recovery more bearable, don't hesitate to ask.

jb
ebincia
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by ebincia »

towerworker wrote:Hello again guys,
I'm dictating my response to you guys by way of one of the many beautiful therapist in this hospital. She has so kindly consented to help me with this. I am in Augusta Health in Fishersville, Virginia on the Acute Rehab unit recovering from Guillain Barre Syndrome. It is a nervous system illness that has laid me up since May of this year. I will be in therapy for many months to come. Typing responses is going to be difficult for the time being until I regain the use of my hands. I will try to post my weekly progress. As of right now I am doing well. I still can not walk and I still have limited movement in my arms but that is improving daily. This hit me in late May, I was in a coma for 10 days and have been in 3 different hospitals. I am now back close to home where I can see my family. Thanks for your continued support and please keep sending your prayers as I have a long road ahead of me.
Sincerely,
Wayne/Towerworker
Wayne,

I'm floored, a guy who climbs like you should not have something like this happen. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for good things to happen for you.

Ebincia
jas
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by jas »

Wayne, best wishes to you. My Aunt has just made a full recovery after battling many month of hell as the result of Guillain Barre Syndrome. The good news is that you sound positive, and have the fight. Give rehab your all and in no time at all you'll be back on two wheels.
2004 Roc.
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

Hey Wayne, sorry to hear about your condition, but so inspired to hear about your grit.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery (& the speedy rides that follow) :) :) :)

Daryl & Gabriele
tlwood28
Lifer

Post by tlwood28 »

Wayne, I just saw your post and learned of your illness. We don't know each other but through the forum. I have enjoyed your insight over the year or so I have been on this site.

All I can say is hang in there! Sounds like it is just a matter of time until you are back on two wheels.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Tom W.
rutheugene2
Basic User

Post by rutheugene2 »

Wayne,

I am a retired engineer who has been in the saddle for about 50 years. Now on a R1150R. Just wanted to give you a word of encouragement and also say that what has happened to you is tough, but it will add something to your life. I have been in situations many times where I was forced to hand the future over to the Lord, and then found the experience made it possible to help others - only because I had been where they were.
Eugene
[size=14[/size]
Eugene (R1150R)
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Wayne - hope you're back in the saddle and checking your bike's radiator antifreeze soon.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Update on Wayne

Post by towerworker »

I'm getting better little by little. I appreciate everyone's prayers during this time. On a positive note I have a new son-in-law in the family. My daughter got married this past weekend. A close friend has been taking care of my bike. He has it dolled and detailed just waiting on me.
Signed by Wayne via his personal secretary
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 312

Post by boxermania »

Wayne

Sorry to hear about your ailment, I hope and pray for a quick recovery...... [-o< [-o<
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX
fj_pastor
Basic User

Post by fj_pastor »

Hello Wayne,

I have followed in the forum your ups and downs and always felt your sttuborn determination to go ahead.

My best wishes to you and hope you recover.

Javier
fpgirard
Lifer

Post by fpgirard »

Wayne - I just purchased a beautiful R1150R - I've been reading your posts for over a year now and they were inspirational to me for getting this bike. A full and speedy recovery to you. Let's ride.

My first post.

Pascal
2003 R1150R
1995 K75 (sold)
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Wayne, I am glad to see you back online. I missed seeing you this summer, but I am looking forward to seeing you next year.

I never realized just how important you were until I saw this.
towerworker wrote: Signed by Wayne via his personal secretary
I only thought Hollywood stars and Presidents had personal secretaries.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!