pillion comfort

Inspired by CycleRob, this section is devoted to all flavors of the F800.

Moderator: Moderators

hayalan
Basic User

pillion comfort

Post by hayalan »

Hi I am considering an F800st, can anyone report to me what the pillion comfort is like pleas ewith top case, - the wife must be comfortable!
alan
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Re: pillion comfort

Post by CycleRob »

hayalan, My wife Ann rated the F800ST passenger seat "Not as good as the other bike". The other bike was a 2002 R1150R with no backrest or tail trunk. The F800ST passenger seat is narrower, firmer and thinner by comparison.

She likes the safety and support the Givi tail trunk provides on the new bike, even though it does not have a backrest pad. The tail trunk does make it hard for her to mount the bike, which has to be just like climbing onto a horse. Her left hand goes on my left shoulder and left foot on the left passenger peg, stand up on it and throw the right leg up-n-over the trunk to the right footpeg, then sit down. During those graceful movements I have to start out with a slight right tilt, say "OK", then smoothly get to vertical as she sits down. If I didn't start with the right tilt, her 128 lb side weighting would be too risky to counteract. After the 3rd mount/dismount during the ride, we were timed perfectly. :smt057

Click Thumbnail below, then click the big pic to go full size.

`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--