Test Ride Day

Inspired by CycleRob, this section is devoted to all flavors of the F800.

Moderator: Moderators

jb44
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Re: Test Ride Day

Post by jb44 »

Boxer wrote:....Anyone know where I can see one in Tennessee or Alabama?...or SC.
Maybe I can knock out 2 birds with one stone tomorrow! :biggrin:
Let your fingers do the walkin' (call):

Blue Moon, Norcross, GA
Destination Motorcycles, Lenoir City, TN (just south of Knoxville)
Bogarts, Birmingham, AL

jb
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

I checked Blue Moon yesterday..Nada. None in Charlotte. I just phoned them. The place in Greenville, SC has a phone problem and I couldn't get through. Greensboro is a little far for this exercise. The place in Knoxville, Destination, has none. No humans to answer the phone at Bogarts.

My local dealer will have one in about 2 or 3 weeks. That may be the case for everyone right now who is out. I'm hoping someone here in Atlanta has bought one and will come forward for me to take a look at it. I have a shout out on our forum.
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

I'm a little concerned about this... Found on another forum. I think it is happening only on the GS models. Bikes are stalling in the rain!

This seems to be the prognosis after Hermy's dived into a problem.

The airbox does not vent properly and the water backs up into the evap canister. The fuel tank can't breath right and the engine starves and dies. USA is the only market with the canister. There is no known repair for this problem. The service technician drained a lot of water OUT of the canister and the problem will be referred BACK to BMW NA. The quick fix is to remove the vacuum line from the canister to the air box. I am told that the complete fix will come in the future when the factory redesigns the entire system. At this time there is no permanent repair.
bobw
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by bobw »

Hard to believe with all the R+D that stuff like this still gets out to the buyer. Should be easy enough to address, but still.......

Cheers