Fingerlakes NY to Milwaukee via Mackinac

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Fingerlakes NY to Milwaukee via Mackinac

Post by Daryl_stamp »

I had to go to WI for work, so I decided to take MLW along and add some vacation time to the trip.
Since the last trip ended up w/ a new tire mid-route I decided to get a new one on the front before leaving.
Two thumbs up for Iron Pony; good prices & service.

I 30K+ and no spline issues. I was anticipating an adventrure...

This was the earliest we've ever left on a trip; morning is my favorite time of the day; the earlier the better; not so much for MLW.

First stop was just short of Buffalo to put on some rain gear. My favorite riding weather is low 60's and overcast; I've learned that when you start smelling the rain it's time to put the gear on (if not earlier).

More to follow;

We made it into Canada without even taking our helmets off.

Our first stop in ON was Port Colburne; I didn't know that Great Lakes shipping used such big boats (yeah, former carrier squid, anything smaller than a flat top is a boat).
mnnden
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Fingerlakes NY to Milwaukee via Mackinac

Post by mnnden »

Hay Daryl, looking like a great trip, looking foward to more pictures, I haven't been into canada for awhile (had some touble the last time) any problem with the passports,etc? I wish I would have seen your pm earler, (I don't check it often) Den
We all gave some,
Some gave all.

Anonymous
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

It only took me a minute to cross the border when I went across the rainbow bridge a few years ago. It was raining like hell.

Where did you cross?
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Post by Daryl_stamp »

We went over @ the Peace Bridge. Took about 15 minutes on the way to Canada, about 30 on the way back. A friend from ADVRider suggested signing up for NEXUS; which I think we're going to do.

DLS